Chapter 2

Third Person:

It only took Harry around 20 minutes to reach the roof with the man cuffed to it. He was really starting to contemplate whether or not he should help him because of the fact that he seemed pretty aggressive and he didn't want to deal with anybody that would hurt him. Before he could truly consider his options his thoughts were interrupted. "Oi kid, you gonna stand there all day or are you gonna help little ol' Merle out?" 

Harry's P.O.V

I was so shocked to hear the guy (Merle apparently) speak that it caused me to jump and take several steps back. With out really thinking I ended up replying to him. "I-if I h-help you out of those cuffs d-do you pr-promise not to hurt me?" For a split second after I asked my question he almost seemed shocked, but he managed to school his features pretty quickly. 

"Why is the hell would I hurt you kid, you'd be saving my ass?" Merle replied quite loudly which caused me to flinch back. 

Merles P.O.V

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. One moment I'm screaming and yanking on the cuff that is around my wrist and the next I'm noticing that there is a kid on the roof with me. The kid, which I think is a boy looks to be around 10 at most, super scrawny, long jet black hair, and the greenest damn eyes I have ever seen in my life. After my observations when my thoughts finally catch up to me I realize that this kid can help me get off of this damn forsaken roof. "Oi kid, you gonna stand there all day or are you gonna help little ol' Merle out?" After I said this I saw the kid jump and take several steps back from me. I didn't think that the kid would react that badly. On top of that he ended up stuttering his response. I really hope this kid doesn't get scared off before he can get me out, also why in the hell would he think that I would hurt him. It took a couple more seconds and then I realized why he might think that. If you take the jumpiness, combine it with the fact that he thinks I'll hurt him, along with how skinny he already is. Dammit, this kid was probably abused. I was snapped out of my thoughts by the kid replying to me. "Just promise you won't and then I'll let you out okay."

"I won't okay kid, and the sooner we get going the sooner we can get back to my group. I ain't going to let anything happen to you alright, it's my promise for you getting me out of here." I don't know why but I want to protect this kid. Ever so slowly the kid managed to make his way over to me. When he got close enough to me he pulled out a stick, I almost wanted to laugh but before I could he spoke some weird word and the cuff came undone. I was speechless, what the fuck just happened. The kid must have not liked my reaction because next thing I know he is backing up as quickly as he can from me. Because of this I made sure that I got up slowly and made sure that my hands were where the kid could see them. "It's alright kid, the names Merle if you didn't get that. What about you kid, you gotta name I can call you?" 

"H-H-Harry my name is Harry." At least I got a response out of the kid. "Well let's get going so that we can make it back to camp before dark then."

---Time Skip---

It took a couple of hours but me and the kid managed to make it back to camp, along with Officer Friendly's guns. BY the time we made it back it was almost dark and surprisingly Harry passed out on the drive. When we pulled up you could tell that everyone at camp was surprised. I wonder if they were more shocked by seeing me showing up or seeing me carrying a sleeping kid in my arms. I can't wait for them to see the fact that I also grabbed the bag of guns. Their reactions are priceless. As much as I want to stay and chew them out for leaving me behind I really need to get half-pint to bed.