1985, January (P. 2)

Mark drove silently, having told William that he would be a trustworthy alibi. William said that wouldn't do; he needed a trustworthy ally. So Mark promised him that. But he didn't intend to keep his promise, far from it. He was going to bring William Afton down; it would be a long process, but he was going to do it.

He drove to the hospital and got out, limping across the parking lot to the front entrance with both crutches under his arms. He looked at the spot where he had nearly been hit by a car, and thought back to William; how had he known anything about Jessica? He entered into the main lobby, feeling nervous that the man might be anywhere, watching him at any time. He wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the men in the waiting room as he himself walked up to the woman behind the reception desk.

A few minutes later, Mark was sitting at Jessica's bedside. He spoke quietly to her as she slept.

"I know how he does it... he showed me. I have an idea, Jessica. And I think that you'll like it. I just have to make it for you, first."

Just two hours later, Mark was sitting in the security office at approximately 12:10 A.M. He leaned back in the chair, staying quiet, when his radio flickered to life.

"Mark," Michael's voice sputtered through the high-pitched beeping of the walkie.

Mark grabbed the thing and clicked it on. "What's up, Michael?"

"Have you seen anything yet?"

Mark hesitated; but he reminded himself that he'd win in the end. "No. I'll report ASAP if I do."

"Good man," Michael's voice chuckled through the speaker. "Talk to me in the morning if there's anything else you find."

Click...

Mark slumped back in the office chair, sighing. He had just lied to his station's chief; there was no going back now. But he still knew that it would be worth it, and he knew what his end plan was; to take down William.

Turning on the monitor, he looked at the main stage's camera; Freddy, Chica, and Bonnie. He knew their names for sure now, now. And the fox; Foxy the Pirate Fox was its formal name; how cheesy. Then again, Mark worked the night shift for this place... he didn't really have room to talk. He didn't see any movement from the animatronics. He saw them differently... these things, while they had certainly looked menacing before, now held more cynicism than he had originally thought them to.

Children's souls were somehow bound to these mascots- more accurately, the endoskeletons underneath. What was Mark supposed to think about that? What was he supposed to do?! He snapped and grabbed his radio off of his belt, and was so close from turning it on when he heard something in the hallway. He slowly put the radio back in its place, and carefully swerved his chair to the doorway. Unclipping the flashlight from his belt, Mark shined it into the hallway. At its end stood Freddy Fazbear, and the first thing Mark noticed...

The jaws.

Behind Freddy's numerous teeth connected to the mask lay metallic, endoskeleton jaws. They looked almost human; the metallic teeth were almost touching each other because there were so many and they were so compact. How Mark hadn't noticed before, he didn't know. He could've sworn that they looked like the teeth of the children whom he didn't know.

Freaked out, Mark slammed the door shut. He was fighting- no, hiding- to escape these monstrous... things, that were just children with new faces. Perhaps they could be negotiated with; William had made it clear that they could hear. Then again, the Marionette, Charlotte, was hostile towards Mark immediately. It was safe to say that no talking would be done. Just then, Mark could hear clanging from the vent in the office; he turned to the right in his chair, looking at the grate implanted above the ground, next to the desk on the right wall. He wheeled his chair towards it, slowly, then shined his flashlight inside as best as he could while not being able to kneel down or get any lower than his chair would allow.