the chase

You met up with Steve in the city.

"Come on, Y/N." Steve dragged you by your sleeve, "I have a gut about this place."

You are dragged up by apartment stairs, glancing up at the other floors.

"Steve, I need to talk to you about something." You stopped in the middle of the stairs.

Steve turned around annoyed, "Now?"

You glanced up at him in a hurt way as he was already up two stories. "No, um. Sorry, I'm all on this." You pressed the button on your watch and suited up.

You caught up with Steve as he was in his dark blue, armored suit with his shield on his arm.

Steve and you walk carefully in a small apartment. You both look around and there's a mattress with disheveled covers and various bits of cheap looking furniture. The kitchen and bedroom are in the same room.

You find a notebook on top of the fridge. You lift your arm up pick it up and open it.

There are tabs of varying colors sticking out from amongst the pages.

"Heads up, Cap. German Special Forces, approaching from the south." Sam from Steve's radio warns. You nodded to Steve to let him know you heard.

Suddenly, Bucky stands behind Steve. You widened your eyes but not too alarming. Steve slowly turns around to face him. "Do you know us?"

Bucky was dressed like a civilian. Red tee shirt, a hat and worn out jeans.

Bucky stares at you and Steve. "You're Steve. I read about you in a museum. And you-" Bucky turns his head to you, studying your every move. "We've had our moments." He raises an eyebrow at you.

"And those moments I clearly won." You spat. Bucky just keeps on staring at you like he was admiring some type of art. You weren't too fazed by his looks, but they got to you.

"They've set the perimeter." Sam from the radio informed.

"I know you're nervous. And you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying." Steve stood still as he told Bucky.

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore." Bucky informed as he turned a little hostile. You walked over to Steve but he nonchalantly placed his hand back for you to not get closer.

"They're entering the building."

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive." You pushed Steve's hand down, walking closer to Bucky. He didn't flinch at all, nor you weren't scared of him.

"That's smart. Good strategy." He smiled sarcastically.

"They're on the roof. I'm compromised."

Suddenly, you hear the sounds of guns cocking and armed cops running up the stairs.

"Steve." You glanced at the wooden door, motioning him to do something.

"This doesn't have end in a fight, Buck." Steve tried to calm Bucky down.

Outside the door a cop readies a battering ram.

"It always ends in a fight." Bucky says in a mysterious manner.

"5 seconds."

"Wait, you pulled me from the river. Why?" You questioned Bucky, confused.

"I don't know." Bucky stuttered.

"3 seconds!"

"Yes, you do." You anxiously say.