- in proximity

as i emerged into the world once again, i walked in a trance. i kept walking.
i went towards the ocean and saw a boy sitting. he stared at the starry night as darkness surrounded him on the moonlight night.
tonight the silence is talking, my eyes are drowning, my breath was gasping but i was left with something. him.
he ran into my embrace leaving me in a state of euphoric mess.
breaking from the trance, i looked around and noticed my surroundings and observed them. what a beautiful night on earth. the perfect moment. silence.
i questioned, "what do you do?" to which he replied "look for you".
the memories he drew in my mind that i could never erase, blur with my tears.
in that moment i knew, it was you. because no one else made sense.
four years later
walking towards the ocean, hand in hand, he took to you and bent on one knee. he proposed.
"we joined the dots from A to B, the line we drew from you to me, traced empty shores across the sea, over mountain top, past forest tree, along the roads, and walking tracks, all the bridges burned, no looking back, for the love we have, no gate can stop, no barking dog or bolted lock for what is real is meant to be, when two hearts beat –in proximity."
the starlight night, the moon shining above us, the sea hitting the shore, our lower legs wet with the water, he asked, "would you like to laugh with me for the rest of my life?"
tears of love fell from my eyes as i said," yes, yes, yes!!".
the ocean we met at, the ocean we bonded at.
i love you.