The Shape of Water

The Shape of Water is a 2017 American romantic fantasy film directed by Guillermo del Toro and written by del Toro and Vanessa Taylor.[1] It stars Sally Hawkins, Michael Shannon, Richard Jenkins, Doug Jones, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Octavia Spencer. Set in Baltimore, Maryland, in 1962, the story follows a mute cleaner at a high-security government laboratory who falls in love with a captured humanoid amphibian creature. Filming took place on location in Ontario, Canada, between August and November 2016.

The film is thoughtfully made with excellent acting, and it conveys many messages, including the fact that you are never alone, that love transcends all boundaries, including those of gender, sex, any deficiency, color, and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is also a story about life.

You should watch it because it gives us the closure we need in today's hollow world where beauty is characterized by body shapes and facial structure, and relationships are dependent on physical needs. In this film, melody is mixed with life's sadness.

The Shape of Water is dedicated to reminding us that everyone is perfect, and that the world will be inherited by those we cravenly deem maimed, odd, and terrifying.