Chapter 1

When people think of the potters, they think of the Boy Who Lived, John Potter, who stopped Voldemort when he was a baby. They never once thought of his twin brother, Harry Potter. Many don't know the Potters had twins, and that's exactly how they wanted it…

The cool fall air was crisp as the sunset on Godric's Hollow. Many trick-or-treaters were starting to come out in a multitude of costumes and all ages. And so no one gave a single glance at an oddly dressed old man with vomit-colored robes, a white beard that reached to his stomach, and a pair of half-moon glasses resting on a crooked nose that partially hid the blue twinkling eyes. However this jolly-looking person had intentions that belayed his appearance, and as he pulled a long twisted stick and waved it, his appearance changing to one of a snake-like man he laughed quietly, for his plans were finally falling into place…

The explosion blasted the door across the room and shook the house. James Potter stood up quickly, trying to block the imposter weaponless.
“Lily! Take the twins and run! He’s-” A flash of red and his body hit the floor, his glasses falling from his face. Lily gave a brief shout of help, then ran up the stairs towards the twins’ rooms. Bursting into the room, she slammed the door and shoved a nearby dresser against it-only to be blasted backward and pinned against the wall.

“The great Potters defeated by a couple of tricks, honestly pathetic. How is a child supposed to defeat me if this is their parent’s worth?”
The figure chortled, then turned to study the twins. The one on the right was in a deep red crib, the child himself was a large chubby thing with striking red hair that resembled his mother’s, but deep hazel eyes like his fathers. The child was looking at him with fear and crying in fear for his fallen mother. The one on the left was in a blue crib and the sight of the child made the disguised man pause. The green eyes that had a striking resemblance to the killing curse stared unblinkingly, holding more intelligence than the man liked, and with black hair that looked like shadows themselves, the baby gave an unnerving feel. This child won’t do it, he won’t be as easy to fall into my plans… Almost automatically his wand snapped to the red-haired boy and with a sharp flick carved a lightning bolt into the boy’s forehead, causing the child to scream in pain. Then the man aimed a spell at the roof to make it collapse and discarded the black ragged-looking cloak and some ash-like substance, then with a crack vanished into the air. The roof groaned and then with a startling shriek collapsed, burying the occupants for the time being….

Present-day, July 31

It was John Potter’s birthday, celebrations across the country were being held in his honor and many praised his name. However, in the library of the Potter library, a small child sat in one of the many plushies leather chairs, a large tomb way past his reading age in his lap. His short hair hung in small curls on his head and green eyes skimmed the page of the book. Harry Potter knew it was his birthday as well, however as the years went on and his parents continued to ignore him, he decided he didn't give two fucks what they did anymore. He didn't bother them and their precious son, and they didn't bother him with what he reads.
However, today would change everything, as one person who was lost entered the library.

Severus Snape was lost.
Not a surprise, as the Potter mansion was ridiculously huge and impossible to not get lost in. Severus sneered at the paintings trying to give him tips, however as most of them were of John he didn't trust them after the couple got him even more turned around.
Pinching his nose he heaved a huge sigh and then decided to try random doors. After the millionth door Severus was about to blast the walls into bits- why was this mansion so fucking huge?!
Severus turned and entered what he hoped was the door he was looking for, however was greeted by a library towering high in books.

"Who knew that had books…" he griped, then paused as he noticed one of the reading chairs wasn't empty. A child and the greasy bat of the dungeon stared at each other for a long minute, neither sure what to do.