• with my best regards •

The morning after it all happened was hard but the hours after that were scarier. Faced with the question if we can get over the fight, you send not something serious, but something impolite.

You then typed 262 words, I already couldn't stop the tears after 26. I knew that you had hurt me and that was scary but knowing that I was hurting you too was even scarier. I wish you knew how much I was worried for you but I couldn't type 3 words when we had silence between us.

Are you okay?
- No, scratch that, I know you would say you aren't but you'll fake it.

So I pressed backspace.

How are you?
- Feeling like shit, obviously.

So I erased it all.

I love you
- I always do, sometimes I just don't have the strength to say it after what had happened.

I apologize for not being able to check up on you but I wanted to check on myself too if I would be able to heal from this. I told my friends, which you hated, but I'm not wrong for it. I love you. That's why I needed to tell them. Cause when you're using rose-colored glasses, even the red flags are just normal flags.

I needed someone to give me a fresh perspective, I'm not wrong for it. In the 262 words that you typed, telling me that I don't deserve forgiveness because of that was the hardest. Yes, our relationship is private. But what I had told my two friends is an act of help and not to destroy you. I love you and I just wish you knew how much I did.