2. Washing

When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was the sound of the waterfall

When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was the sound of the waterfall. The second thing was the presence of Max, who still laid against me, spooning me from behind. I felt warm and safe in his arms, but I also couldn't help to feel something else...down there... Of course, it was normal that he had morning wood as he was a young man in the prime of his life. It wasn't his fault, male bodies just did this, but...I didn't know what to do with that thing literally poking against my arsehole.

I didn't want him to wake up, but I also couldn't lay like this for very long. It made me feel strange and I also really needed to pee.

As careful as I could, I rolled out of his arms and sat up. My body was still sore, but I felt much better than yesterday. As I sat, I looked around a bit. The fire had gone out, but it was now light in the cave because of the few rays of sunlight that peeked inside

Max laid completely still with his face laying inside his elbow. I thought he looked rather cute. And hot. He had the best abs and pecs. No wonder he made me feel strange. A boy like him wouldn't turn his head for a woman like me in the normal world. Now we were trapped together and I had spent the night against such a hunk, half-naked... well, he was half-naked, I was still wearing the same outfit for hours that made me feel gross. I smelled of old sea. It was disgusting.

I stood up and drank some water before I emptied my bladder in the bushes and decided to wash myself in the lake since I felt so dirty. There was sand stuck everywhere. Everywhere, I tell you.

I undressed and stepped into the lukewarm lake where I washed my clothes. Max was asleep anyway and I was sure he was so tired from his hard work yesterday, that he would sleep a little longer, so I had some time for privacy. Not that I cared much for him seeing me naked as I didn't have any problems with being naked around other people. I'd lived in Europe for a few years and going to the spa there meant walking around naked, men and women mixed.

Skinny dipping has always been something I loved. I felt so free to swim in water without clothes. Like I was a mermaid. Maybe it's childish but that's how I felt.

After I washed my clothes, I laid them out to dry in the sun and swam to the waterfall to wash the seawater out of my hair. I got some company from a few fishes who started circling my ankles. They weren't that big, so I wasn't afraid of them. It was good they were here because fish meant food. I closed my eyes as the cold water fell on top of my head. The waterfall was small so the stream wasn't too hard. When I was done, I swam around a bit, enjoying myself.

"C-cassie." When I heard his voice, I looked up and saw Max standing at the waterfront. "I'm s-sorry. Uh...I'm awake," he said, looking in another direction as soon as he noticed I wasn't wearing my clothes anymore.

I couldn't help but laugh. The athletic hunk had made a place for a shy boy who almost blushed when seeing a naked woman swimming in the lake. Wasn't he cute?

"It's ok, Max, you can look now," I said, letting myself sink a bit so my upper body was underwater too. I didn't wanna make him feel more shy than he already was. "You must have sand sticking in your asscrack as well. Join me, the water is amazing! I washed my clothes too."

"..."

I turned around. "I won't look at you until you're completely in the water."

"Uh, ok, I suppose I do feel a b-bit gross..."

It took a few seconds before I heard him say he was in.

"Nice, huh?" I asked as he slowly came closer while rubbing his pants underwater. His torso towered above the water and once again, I admired him.

"Yeah, you're right. I think I really needed this," he said, smiling. "Hey, there's fish in here too."

"Yeah, I already befriended them."

He was done with his clothes and threw them in the sun after he scrunched most of the water out. As I swam around, I watched him wash himself. I felt heat rising in my cheeks, looking at how his hands caressed his pecs and abs. Luckily the water cooled me down.

He was gone under the water for a few seconds before he came back up again. "By the way, how are you feeling today?" he asked when running his hand through his hair to push the wet hair from his forehead. Jesus. He looked like he came walking straight from the cover of a beauty magazine. Just look at that jawline and Adam's apple. I swallowed.

"Good, good," I answered.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, I woke up not so long ago, but I didn't wanna wake you up," I replied. "You looked so peaceful asleep."

He smiled "You were cold tonight."

"No shit?" I laughed. "Sorry for making you lay against a popsicle all night."

"No, it was ok." He laughed as well. "I didn't mind it. I felt sorry for you and I was glad I could help you."

He didn't mean to do it so obviously but I saw him looking at my body. Even though we were both underwater enough to cover our private parts, one could still see the contours, and his eyes were repeatedly drawn towards my breasts. I liked that he checked me out, even though I didn't know why I liked it. I should think about the bigger problems we faced, but I found myself wanting him to look at me.

"You're so sweet. Handsome and sweet," I said and he looked away. "You can't take a compliment well, can you?" I asked.

It was almost as if I was flirting with him.

What the fuck was wrong with me?

We just experienced a horrible accident and ended up stranded on some island. At least, I think it's an island? I didn't even know.

Ugh, maybe I was subconsciously trying to distract myself from the drama, to prevent stress? I've read before that people get horny during stressful times, especially during dramatic events.

"I can't take a compliment to save my life," he agreed. "So...shall we go to the beach today to make that S.O.S. sign? I'm sure that someone will spot it soon and can save us."

"Yeah, let's do that... But, what if nobody will see? What if we have to stay here for long? Our family, and--"

"Hey," he cut me off, now looking at my face. "We have to stay positive. What good would it do us to sit and be afraid and worry all the time, it won't save us sooner."

"I know. You're right," I said. He made me feel at ease again. He was good at that.

 He was good at that