Chapter One - The House

A/N - Hi guys! So this is another partial-AI written story, hence why it once again starts in a way different to how I usually write.
I'm sticking with Exza because everyone's seemed ok with that on my other AI story. But it is technically an X Reader, just change the name and voila!

Anyway, this one is an on-earth AU set in England, though I think I'm gonna be keeping it vague on whereabouts. If you have any ideas on what I can include and see what the AI does with it, or ideas for other stories written by myself or joint-wrote by AI, let me know!

Hope you enjoy!

-Exza~x

-------------

I suppose I should start with the basics... My name is Exza, I am in my early 20's, and recently had to move to a new small town at the sea side because of... 'extenuating circumstances'. I guess this is the story that follows, the way my life changed in many ways, not all for the better, but I should probably get into the story first.

I didn't know anybody, and I was looking for a house share because I didn't exactly have much money. I'd spotted an advert in the shop window, and I was on my way to meet the landlady of a tiny little two-bed that had been converted to a three-bed.

It was cheap, so I wasn't exactly expecting much. I headed for the door, giving a nervous knock as I shifted my rucksack on my back a little. Someone shouted out for me to enter, so I gently pushed the door open and slipped inside. The landlady looked up from her knitting when she heard me come in. "Ah, hello there," she said with a smile. "Can I help you?"
"Hi, um, I'm Exza, I'm here to look at the spare room?" I asked, trying to sound more confident than I felt.

She'd seemed very keen to get me in to look around on the phone, so I assumed it was pretty much a done deal anyway. It was always best to get a viewing though.

I simply had to look around and check there were no bodies in the floorboards or anything. Not that I had much choice at the moment, I didn't exactly have a lot of money. She led me through the front rooms, which were all empty save for a few bookshelves and some old, miss-matched furniture.
It was somewhat grotty, but nothing seemed broken beyond repair and there wasn't any mould or anything. "How come it's so cheap?" I couldn't help but ask her.

She shrugged, fidgeting. "Well, you know, it's a small place, really. Sharing with two other people isn't always an ideal situation," she paused for a second. "And you will be living with two men, is that something you're ok with?"

I nodded. "Yeah, that's fine. I'll probably be in my room most of the time anyway." I shrugged.
She let out a bit of a sigh, and nudged open the door to the left with her foot, motioning for me to go in.

It was a thin, rickety looking stairway. I nodded, making my way up the creaking stairs. Seemed the small size of the rooms didn't count vertically, it seemed there were 4 floors altogether. A house that was thin but tall, it was definitely interesting.
She explained the first one was 'Dave's', and that the top one was 'Arnold's', the one in-between was the bathroom, and a tiny study crammed into a corner near the staircase.

Apparently, my room would be the basement, which she assured me was somewhat bigger than the rest of the house's rooms.
I nodded, looking around the tiny bathroom floor, the cracked tiles, dripping faucet. One red toothbrush and one blue.

We headed down to the basement that would be my room. It was fairly damp and dark, lit by a candle flame that sputtered and spluttered. "There is lighting, of course, but the fuse went yesterday and the repair man won't have the parts until next week, I hope the candle's ok." She explained quickly.