Mate

My heart must have fell from my ass the minute I heard him say Mine. I literally froze in place, not even knowing what to say.

My father looked shocked and scared. Everyone around us stopped what they were doing and looked over to see where the growl came from. Some people are nosey as hell, please go back to what you were doing before I turn into a statue.

"You two can't be mates." My father said shaking with fear.

Why the hell is my father shaking? Who is this man in front of me?

"And why the hell not." The man said. Looking up from the bone shaking stare he gave me. I was taken aback by his voice, I wanted to hear it gain. Wait what in the world is wrong with me.

"I- I- I'm sorry sir please forgive me, I just don't understand..I'm mistaken, please forgive me." My father said, looking down.

It was so quiet in that ball room you could literally hear a pen drop. I've never seen my father look so scared before..Haha I kind of liked it. Raquel and Terrence looked shocked, maybe more shocked than me as they stared at the unknown man in front of me. "Son this is your mate?" Terrence said.

"SON??" Both me and Kayda said in my mind. Braxton Richardson is my mate...Why does shit like this always happen to me? I thought.

"Yes dad this is my mate." Braxton said. He had a blank expression on his face, as if he didn't care. They all turned to me, and in this very moment I wish that I was never born. I wanted to shrink into a little ball and roll myself down the steps.

"Girl make a good first impression, this is our mate." Kayda said to me. "Be quiet Kayda, I'm trying not to make a run for it." I said to Kayda in my mind.

"Does she not speak" Braxton said with a glare in my direction, almost as if he was disgusted with my presence. I was astonished, I am sick and tired of being ridiculed by men.

"Yes I speak, I just didn't want to." I quipped back, with a harsh tone. My father looked like he wanted to skin me alive, and Braxton eyes darkened into a black pit. Why couldn't I have just shut my mouth? I thought.

"How dare you speak out like that, you should be punished!" My father said. I was about to cue the water works and start begging, before Braxton growled. "YOU WILL DO NO SUCH THING." He roared so loud I could've swore space heard us.

My father immediately looked down, instantly regretting what he said but he also looked furious. "Braxton, hun how about you and your mate go home." Raquel said. "GO?? wait wait wait..I don't want to go with him". I said.

"It is okay dear, you will be fine." Raquel said. I looked in between her and Braxton trembling with fear. The energy radiating off of Braxton was deadly, no one dared looked in his direction. I found it lowkey hot, but at the same time I wanted to run.

"Let's go". Terrence said. He grabbed his wife's hand and escorted her out of the castle. Braxton gripped my forearm with more strength than I was expecting. I immediately felt sparks the minute Braxton touched me, I wonder if he felt them too. Braxton barely glanced in my direction. I tried to tug back as hard as I could, only causing Braxton to tighten his grip. Causing me to wince in pain. Braxton began to pull me to the exit, and I turned back and saw a smirk on Margaret's face and a scowl on my father's.

Braxton pulled me into the front seat of a sleek black BMW. Maybe if I run now, I could make it. I thought. "Don't try to run". Braxton said while slamming the door. I was immediately angered, but behind the anger I wanted to know how the hell did he know I was thinking about running.

Braxton got to the front seat and started the car. He drove off, not looking at me once only focusing on the rode.

So my mate doesn't like me...great. I thought. I moved closer to door, looking out my window at my unfamiliar surroundings drifting to sleep.

*Time skip*

I woke up to the sudden stop of the car. Then I looked to my left to see my mate staring at me. What the actual hell is he staring at. I looked at him and asked "Can I help you with something?" He scoffed and looked away. "Get out and follow me." I got out of the car and took in my surroundings. There were people walking around staring and talking behind their hands. There were houses around me, and kids running and playing in their yards. People were training with one another, but stopping to stare at me.

I followed Braxton into this massive house. The floors were slick brown hardwood and the walls were tan. Paintings were hung up around the very modern and homey house. The furniture we passed was a sophisticated browns, tans, and reds. The kitchen had brown wooden cabinets, with brown granite counter tops and there were windows everywhere that brought in natural light.

"This is beautiful". Kayda said. "It really is". I said to her in my mind.

 I said to her in my mind

We started moving our way up a staircase

We started moving our way up a staircase. I thought I was going to fall through the stairs and die. I was so focused on trying to climb the steps that I didn't even notice Braxton stop. I bumped into the back of him, and he glared at me.

"Great, I have a clumsy mate". He said. I was instantly embarrassed, I started to feel the heat rise to my cheeks. "I'm not clumsy, I just didn't see you stop". I replied. He rolled his eyes and grabbed my arm leading me up the rest of the stairs.

We stopped in front of a door, and Braxton turned the door knob and walked in. I was amazed the room had some brown accents, but it was mainly white. The bed looked extremely comfortable, my home couldn't even compete with this room. It was absolutely gorgeous, I don't mind this at all. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door close and lock with no sign of Braxton any where.

Why the hell did he lock the door?

Heyyy everyone I'm completely new to writing stories on Wattpad. I would love your feedback and your recommendations, feel free to vote too. You can also ask me any questions an time. Tell me if you want more chapters and share this with your friends too.

Until next time toodles.