واحد

The Other Side of the Mirror

"Was it really him? Atem?" Téa asked Joey.

He had told them about his encounter with Atem when Diva transported him to another dimension using the Quantum Cube.

Yugi stopped walking, making his friends stop and turn to look at him.

"Yug," Joey began, but Téa placed a hand on his shoulder, a sign to let him know to stop.

Yugi sighed.

"I'm sorry, guys; I just need to be alone for a while," Yugi said before leaving Tristan, Joey, and Téa.

"Shouldn't we go after him?" Tristan asked. "Yeah, poor Yug," Joey added.

"I think he needs to be alone, you guys. Come, let's head to the cafe. We'll call him later." Téa replied, pulling her friends along with her.

However, just like her two friends, she was worried sick for Yugi.

____________________________________

Yugi knew this was the last place he needed to be in the entire world.

A vast clue was due to the sick feeling in his stomach.

The Egyptian Museum of Cairo was doing a world tour, and today ancient Egyptian artifacts were at the Domino National Museum.

The closest thing Yugi would ever get to remind him of Atem.

Yugi walked around the expedition, blending in with the countless pedestrians visiting the artifacts.

He melancholically walked around.

It was no use. No matter how hard Yugi tried, Atem's name wouldn't be here.

He was erased from the world, permanently.

With a frustrated sigh, Yugi sat down on one of the many benches. He curled his hands on his hair in agony.

Why did his heart call him to come here? To feel more pain, or was it to make him face the dark reality that he would never see his friend again?

"I just want to know, how is he?" Yugi whispered, closing his eyes in exhaustion.

"He's gone Kaiba... gone forever."

"I've known it deep down in my heart since we said goodbye. He's no longer inside the puzzle because we've gone our separate ways."

"It wasn't easy, it still isn't, but I had to let him go. And you have to as well."

"I'm sorry."

The flashback kept repeating in his mind.

He truly was gone, and there was nothing he, Kaiba, nor anyone could do.

He stayed in a crouch position for a long time, the people slowly disappearing from the exhibition room.

"Do you wish to see him one last time?" someone asked.

Yugi slowly lifted his head.

"Yes!" he wanted to cry out, yet all he could do was stay in silent shock.

Who said that?

"Come forth, Yugi Mutuo."

Standing up hesitantly, Yugi looked around the room. No one but him was in the room.

How?

"Walk forth and study the hieroglyphics on that wall."

Yugi did.