Section-2 The Warning

The people of The Realm were celebrating the billionth year of their get away from the humans. The Kingdoms of Xillainiam and Zillainiam had come together to celebrate and there was joy everywhere. I was hanging out with my five best friends, Azalea Kiming, Adrea Donnelly, Carlos Vansen, Kent Williams and Lucas Wright. Adrea and Kent had just started dating. "So, how's ball dancing lessons going, your Royal Highness?", Lucas teased me. "Oh, shut up!", I said burying my face in my hands. Three days ago, my parents had made me start taking ballroom dancing so I wouldn't embarrass myself when balls were called. Since I was turning 16,I would have to attend all the official balls and stuff and my classes were the definition of terrible. I couldn't dance to save my life and my friends knew that. "Aww, the princess is embarrassed", Kent laughed. "Oh, lay off her, you guys", Adrea grinned. "Poor thing is trying her best". I playfully scowled at them all. "Stop with all those titles", I told the guys, "And yes, I am trying my best", I told Adrea. She held up her hands in surrender. "Still, those lessons are so going to pay off when you dance with the Royal Hotness of Xillainiam", Azalea sighed dreamily. She had a major crush on Prince Andrew and was always talking about him much to Carlo's disappointment. "I'm as hot as him", he protested. "No you're not! Do you have black hair, the color of coal? Do you have eyes, the color of emeralds? No, you don't!", she exclaimed. She could be quite poetic at times. "No", he agreed. "But I have hair the color of hay and eyed the color of ash", he said triumphantly. "Here we go again", Lucas grinned as the two of them began arguing-again. This argument had been going on for three years now and it never ceased. 

I grinned to myself. I had the best friends ever. We'd all been best friends ever since we ran into each other in the forest. We just...clicked. I put my hands behind my head and lay on the ground, closing my eyes and listening to them bickering. Not exactly peaceful but I liked it. "Princess!", now that voice, I did not like as much in spite of hearing it everyday. That was one voice I would never get used to. I groaned and sat up. "What now, Adele?". "It's time for the ceremony to begin. You must get dressed", my lady-in-waiting, (I think that's the official term, well according to what I looked up in Google anyway) Adele said. "Alright, I'm coming", I got up and waved to the gang. "See ya later, El. Good luck", Adrea said as they waved goodbye to me. I rode to the palace on my pure black stallion, Darksky, nodding to everyone who bowed to me. I stabled him and went up to my room with Adele right behind me. Also, a quick word about Adele. She's a fairy. "It would be most appropriate to wear a gown, especially now that you're coming of age-" she began the what felt like centuries old argument again. "No!" I interrupted. She let out a huff. "Then you will wear an evening gown-" "And that is an order", a voice called out lightly from the door. "James!" I exclaimed and jumped into his arms. "Where have you been?", I asked. "You know me, just adventuring about", he said. "I wish you'd let me come", I told my older brother. "You know mom would never let you", he said. I grumbled something about over protective moms under my breath and he must have heard me cause he lifted my chin up and said, "Hey, it's for your own good". "Why did you have to forfeit the throne?", I asked him. He smiled at me. "Someday, you'll understand", he told me. "So, evening gown?", I asked. He nodded, I groaned and Adele smiled. Looks like I was going to be wearing an evening gown. Why did James have to come in just then? 

Adele decided on this green dress. Apparently, it went with my eyes.