Part 3

"Ok, gang," Poppy said, pacing back and forth in front of what used to be Branch's bunker the next morning. "We are going to rebuild Branch's bunker."
"What?" all of Poppy's friends said, silmotaniously.
"Poppy. We have no idea how to build a bunker? Branch is the builder troll," Smidge said. "Yeah. And even he took years to build the first one," Biggie added.
"Mew," Mr. Dinkles said.
"No," Poppy objected. "We can't just let this go. Branch is so upset about this, and friends help friends. I wouldn't be the best friend I could be to Branch if I didn't atleast try to help him."
"Poppy," Smidge said, crossing her arms. "That's exactly what you said when you convinced us to go up to Slipery Slope to get that Plushroom to remake Branch's Fluffleberry cake. And you almost died!"
"This is different. And besides... with all of us working together, I'm sure we can do it."

     The trolls looked at eachother, skeptical of Poppy's plan.

     "Please, guys. We gotta help Branch." Everyone sighed.
"Fine. We'll help."

     Branch walked around in the woods, kicking at stones with his bare feet. "Branch! Hey Branch!" Poppy called out, running up behind him. Branch turned, and gave Poppy a slight smile. "Hey," he said, softly. He kicked at another rock, as he looked away from her, putting his hands in his pockets.

     "I've got a surprise for you Branch," Poppy said, swaying back and forth.
"I think I've been pretty clear on how I feel about surprises," he said, looking up at her.
"Come on, Branch. You're gonna think this surprise is pretty great."
"I don't know, Poppy." He turned, beginning to walk the other direction.

     Poppy's smile faded, and turned into a glare. "Hia!" She whipped her hair forwards, grabbing onto Branch's feet. "Hey!" he yelled, falling onto his stomach.

     "Come on, Branch," Poppy said, walking over to help him back up. "You know I'm just gonna keep pestering you until you come with me." Branch sighed.
"Fine. Whatever... let's just get this over with."

     Poppy led Branch through the forest, covering his eyes with her hands.

     "Come on, Poppy. Is this really nessasary?" Branch asked
"You bet!" Poppy replied in her typical happy voice. "Just a little farther."

     They walked a few more steps, and then stopped. "Ready, Branch," Poppy asked, trying not to squeal with joy. "Yeah. I guess."
"One... two... three!"

     She uncovered Branch's eyes, gesturing towards the surprise. Branch's mouth dropped, as he blinked slowly. "Surprise!" the snack pack shouted.
"My... my bunker?"
"Yep."
"You... you..."
"Rebuilt it. Yep. You bet we did."

     Branch walked forward, slowly, his mouth ajar. "Come on," Poppy said. "Take a look inside!" She gabbed his hand, and ran forewords, dragging him with her.

     They road down the elevator, Branch not saying a single word the entire way down. It was almost identical. Branch stepped off the elevator, looking around. "So?" Poppy said. "Surprised?" He didn't respond. Instead he just dropped down to his knees, beginning to cry.

     Everyone's smiles faded, as the watched Branch. What had they done wrong.

     "Oh, Branch... I'm so sorry. I thought..." Branch stood, turning around to give Poppy a hug. "Thank you," he said, crying tears of joy. "It's perfect." Poppy smiled, hugging him back, as the rest of the snack pack came to join.

THE END