Bloody Fingers

Jason and Amanda walked down the dark hall. they were walking on a white marble, hard and grainy, and they were both barefooted. It turned into hardwood and it slightly helped.

Savages that had no sense of selflessness, kidnapped them and took their clothes, leaving them with shirt and shorts each. They tried to make moccasins out of a leather thrown out hand bag they'd found, but failed. it hurt their feet more.

They decided to make camp in this house of unknown horrors. It sure looked scary. Blood trailed the floor, providing a snack for the bugs that live in the place. 

The floor was creaky, and while looking inside of some missing floorboards, there was an underground cave. We made sure not to step on any creaky parts.

"I don't like this," Amanda stated. She wiped her hands on her jeans; as if she had touched anything. Jason nodded, but what other abandoned house could they stay in?

Their parents had died five years ago in a fire. The two of them had run away from the foster home and lived on the streets. It wasn't as easy as they thought it might be, but they've lived for a year now. People help them somewhat, besides today. They came to a stop in the heal, turning into a kitchen. It had broken glass covering the floor. They stepped carefully around it and checked the cabinets, finding some extremely stale crackers, and a large knife. With Amanda unarmed, she stood in back, munching loudly and offering Jason a cracker. After they were satisfied enough to live through the night, they stuffed the crackers in their pockets and went back down the hall toward a bedroom.

That's when things began to go wrong.

A childish whisper broke out upon the pair. It wasn't them, so they took caution to it. But not fast enough. Amanda screamed as she fell through the floor, and the invisible force that ripped away the wood spread to Jason. He landed hard and his ankle ached. He pulled the knife and pulled Amanda to her feet. They hovered around, their backs touching. The sounds went away and the underground cave surrounded them.

"That was weird..." Jason said. Amanda agreed quickly and they quickly walked down the hard stone floor.

"We'll be okay." Amanda said. Jason laughed, ironically and sarcastically returning her quick agreement.

"WHAT?" she said nicely smiling.

"Obviously we won't be okay. We are in the middle of a cave in who knows where and we are unarmed and have no food except for expired crackers. This crazy...vicious place of unknown horrors!"

Amanda laughed and said playfully, "Dun, dun-"

Jason smiled, "Aren't you gonna say that last 'dun'?"

It was weird, how she left him off. She didn't answer either. She seemed to run out of breathe. Or choke. He looked to the side to see nothing but a rocky wall.

Then he heard a faint, "Dun."

"Ha-ha" he replied happily. A hand clasped over his mouth and pull him back. He screamed a sharp and silent cry, and then felt a blade dig into his mouth. As he looked down, the last thing he would see was the tip of the knife they had found in the top cabinet. His own weapon. Used against him.

By the thing that took Amanda.

Whatever that is.

POV of the thing

They were scared of us. Although they didn't know who we are. Or...who we were. We died 50 years ago in this house, the 3 of us. They stole Sue's crackers. Stole my knife. They entered our home. And now I will kill them.

As I followed them, I laughed to myself at their strange slang. I stood his knife slyly and heard the girl make a sound, "dun". Twice. I believe she meant to do it thrice, but I stabbed her right in her spine, dragging her backwards.

"Aren't you gonna say that last 'dun'?" He asked the air. I smiled and mimicked her noise. A little too loudly. Then I leapt upon the boy.