Demon Butterflies [Chpt 9]

Chapter Nine

The girl circled around me. I'm back in the dream. She said she knows how to get revenge on my mother's killer. How would she know? Her hands went across my back and gave me a chill. There is something different about her, something evil.

"Revenge," she whispered in my ear, "you want it, don't you?"

"Yes," I said.

"There's no turning back," she reassured.

I nodded and waited for her to continue.

"To get revenge you'll have to do the same thing he did to you," her voice was crisped.

"What's that?" I asked confused.

"Kill his loved one."

My eyes flew open and I let out a sigh. Her touch, her voice; it all seems so real. She won't go away, every dream is about her. Who is she?

I looked over at the clock and noticed it was only three in the morning. I have to get up in another three hours. I rolled out of bed and grabbed my sweatshirt because it was a little chilly. I tipped-toed downstairs and went into the kitchen. My black butterfly sat on the counter watching. I grabbed a glass and filled it with water.

I won't be going to bed any time soon. Not after what that girl said. 'Kill his loved one'. Why would I get revenge by killing his loved one? I don't even know who this person is. Like Shey said, what are the chances of me ever meeting him? For all I know he could be dead.

I looked at my reflection on the kitchen window. Look at me. Do I look like a killer? Maybe getting revenge isn't the best idea. I think I should just let it go. But why is it so hard to?

Something moved swiftly outside. Looking closely I couldn't see anything. It must be my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and looked back out the window and there sat a demon butterfly on the windowsill. Then I saw him, Nathan. His eyes peered at me through the window. I ducked down quickly and wanted to panic. What is he doing here!? Is he after me? I never did anything to him what's he going to do?

My butterfly flew close to the ground and went out in the hall. I quietly crawled out into the hall and watched it fly into the living room. Where is it going? Quickly I stood up and ran into the living room where my butterfly sat next to the phone. Shey.

I grabbed the phone and dialed Shey's cell phone. The phone kept ringing. Please pick it up Shey!

"Roxi? Why are you calling me at three o'clock in the morning?" He said half asleep.

"Shey, Nathan is here." I whispered in a rush.

"What do you mean Nathan is there?"

"I mean he's here! He's sneaking around the house. Shey I'm scared. What if he -?"

"I'm on my way." He cut me off.

A clunk came from the hall. The back door. He's coming in.

"Roxi, are you still there?" Shey asked.

I hung up the phone and set the phone down. Quietly I stepped aside. My heart started to race and my pulse got loud. Faintly I could hear the floor creak as he made his way toward the living room. I stayed in the corner waiting to see his shadow.

There is no way I can call the police now. He's too close. I probably should have called the police before Shey. I'm not good under pressure. I do stupid things.

My heart felt like it stopped as soon as I saw his shadow. Nathan crept closer to the living room. He stopped for a second and turned the other way. He turned around? This is my chance. I can cut through the dining room and go out the window.