Chapter 1

~~~Cana POV~~~

I was walking along the edge of the road as magic-mobiles passed me to my right. I had just accepted a job request to clean up a town of filthy bandits who where committing petty thefts across Hargeon. The job didn't pay much, but it covered my drinking expenses. I inhaled, taking in the salt water air. I loved the town of Hargeon, even though there wasn't much there, but there was a subtle charm about it. "Where is it..." I said out loud. The shop that reported the bandits had to be around here somewhere. Ah, there it is! I ran up to the old looking store called Micky's Ye Old Shoppe. Convenient name, I thought to myself as I pushed the wooden door open. When I opened the door, light had poored into the shoppe, which had been surprisingly dark with the blinds pulled closed. "Sorry it's dark dearie, I need to keep this meeting hush hush," a voice from inside said. I awkwardly walk in, shutting the door behind me. "I understand, sir." I told him, "You don't want word out that you hired a mage to handle these petty theifs." He nodded, and I sat down across from where he was. "I wouldn't call them petty you see, they've attacked almost all of the local shoppes around the port including mine," he said grimly, nodding his head to the broken cases that had once carried magical items. "Can you tell me more about these criminals, then?"
"Yes, but it would be better if I show you," he told me. he bent down, grabbing a lacrima. He set it in the center of the table and rubbed the top, which revealed a projection. The projection was blank, for a few heartbeats, then I saw a few things that looked liked it was floating in mid-air.
"This is bizzar..." I mumbled as I kept watching. For a spit second, I saw a shape of a body. It looked as if it was shimmering, almost. Then it dawned on me.
"Are they using an invisibility spell?" I said.
"Keen eye, miss. That they are." he said, as the floating objects where put into a bag. Then they broke in to the other cases, and the items in the case where also magically floating into bags. After a few more minutes of watching, the projection faded, leaving us in the dark once again.
"I should get going, thank you." I said, standing up, pushing the chair back in its place.
"There is one more thing," the shop keeper said. "I hired someone else, knowing that this would be a difficult task. I met with him earlier, and he said he'd love to work with you. I would hope you will be okay with this to?" He said, almost sounding desperate.
"Y-yeah, that should be fine." I told him. Even in the dark you could see the concern flicker away from his gaze.
"Can you tell me where the Yellow Road Inn is, by chance?" I asked.

~Fast forward brought to you by Happy~

I finally got to the inn, after given shitty instuctions. I paid for my stay, and headed to my room. As I was walking, I heard a voice, vaguely familiar, talking to someone. I turned the corner, and saw a woman with purplish hair, and a tall, handsome man.
"Cana?" The man said. I looked up at the guy's face, and recognized it soon after.
"Hibiki!" I said, hugging him.
"What are you doing here, hm?" I asked him, forgetting about the girl standing there, wide-eyed. Hibiki looked kind of embarressed, and I backed away a bit.
"I-I came for a job.." He said. "Cana, this is Vivian. Vivian, Cana.." He said. I looked at her little longer than shoulder length straight purple hair, and stuck my hand out.
"Nice to meet you!" I said sweetly.

A/N: So, what did you think about it? Should I continue? Opinions in the comment please! I DO NOT OWN FAIRY TAIL OR THE CHARACTERS I'M USING.