- T E N -

"Shinso?" Denki knelt down beside him and held his body in his arms. "Shinso? Wake up please..." He slapped his face lightly and started crying. "Why did you do that?" he asked Todoroki, then looked at Bakugo, and even Eijirou too. "Why? Even if you hate him...even if he did something years ago...what does that have to do with now?" Tears continued to stream down his face. "I care about him so why does he have to die?" 

"Please," Todoroki scoffed slightly. "If that was enough to kill the Wicked Witch, I would be surprised at how weak he actually is." Todoroki crossed his arms. "I need to attack people like that in order to see their memories," he explained, emitting a cool mist from his hand to make a small layer of flat ice in the form of a screen. "Magical memories are stored in the heart, not the brain. He isn't even hurt, he is awake right now." 

Denki looked down at Shinso's head, currently up against his chest. Sure enough, his eyes were open. "I'm sorry!" Denki dropped Shinso's body and his head fell right on Denki's crotch. His face flushed and he looked away. "Sorry again..." he hadn't paid attention to the placement. Shinso sat up and moved to the wall. He rested his back against it and sighed. He hid his face between his knees and covered his ears. He didn't want to hear his memories. 

Todoroki watched silently. As did the others. 

...

"I suppose I owe you an apo-" 

"Save it," Shinso held up his hand. "I don't want you to say those words and feel as if I have forgiven what you've done," Shinso looked up and glared. "You hurt people, Princey," his eyes flared red. "And you," Shinso looked to Todoroki. "This doesn't change anything. He is dead. Do you understand? Even if you find him if you trigger his memory in any way he might get his legs back and start bleeding out again! Leave him alone." 

"I can't," Todoroki said. "I have to find him. And he is looking for me too," Todoroki placed his hand on his chest. "I can't be the one to stop looking. You may have given up on your love but I refuse to do the same." Shinso closed his mouth and gritted his teeth. He averted his gaze and clutched his hand into a fist.  

"I am so sick and tired of all you assholes!" Denki snapped and grabbed Shinso's hand, bringing him to his feet. "We're going back to the cave and leaving all of you freaks behind to sort out your own shit. Todoroki," he pointed, "if you find Deku and can't he happy unless he remembers everything about himself then you don't love him and you aren't finding him for your love your finding him to fulfill your own selfish desires! There is no reason to put him at risk. And you-" Denki pointed at Eijirou, "if you care about this asshole prince don't let him get away with his bullshit. You better set him straight. And my 'darling' husband," Denki seethed, pointing at Bakugo. "I'm through with you and I don't give a fuck how you want to bury our bullshit marriage but if you so much as try to attack my homeland I will let Shinso do his worst to you without a single speck of remorse. You deserve it." Denki turned his back on all three of them and dragged Shinso behind him as he left. He pulled his arm all the way out of the palace, realized what he'd done, and let go to cover his face, hiding his embarrassment. 

"Aw shit, what am I going to do if he actually attacks my family?" 

"Denki..." 

"I really made a mess of things maybe I should go back and apologize-" Denki shook his head in his hands. "Ah, but I don't want to..." 

"Denki." 

"Okay, I'm doing it, I'm going to go back and-" Denki turned around and Shinso grabbed his face, cupping his cheeks in his hands. Denki stared into his red eyes and blushed lightly. "H-Hello there," he squeaked, forgetting everything about trying to go and apologize. Shinso moved his lips toward Denki's. He closed his eyes, fully expecting a kiss, but nothing happened. Denki opened his eyes again. Shinso was stuck in place, staring at Denki but not knowing what to do from here. 

"Are you not going to kiss me?" Denki asked. 

"I don't know..." 

"What don't you know?" 

"How are you so unphased?" Shinso let go of Denki's head and turned to the side. He grabbed his own arm and looked at the ground. "Why aren't you scared of me? Like everyone else? I just don't get it." 

"You aren't scary," Denki smiled. It was his turn to cup Shinso's face and force him to look into his eyes. "I lo-" 

Shinso's eyes shifted for a moment and his entire body stiffened. "Deku...?" He ran toward the green-haired figure leaning up against a cane and offered him more support. 

"Shinso..." he smiled, tears coming to his eyes. "I'm back." 

Denki's life flashed before his eyes. Just when he thought he was finally going to get his happy ending...Shinso's true love was back on the scene. "There is no place for me here..." Denki sighed, making his way to Shinso's cave. At least there he wouldn't have to see anything happen...at least there he would have peace and quiet...even if Shinso never came back.