Chapter 1

Danny's pov
I sighed, leaning my head on my arm as I glanced out the window. Sam was running laps around the school for PE, keeping a steady pace above Kwan and Dash as the two jocks loved to trip and push anyone that got to close.
[Danny your supposed to be focusing.] Sam speaks through our bond.
[Yeah man, i can feel your boredom from here.] Tucker adds.
I rub my face tiredly [Sorry guys, I've not been sleeping well.]
[Well you would if you came home.] Sam adds, purposely slowing down her speed as she completed another lap.
[Is it the memories] Tucker asks quietly.
Flashback.
We were in the basement of my house, checking out the ghost portal. Sam and tucker were curiously looking inside.
"Come on Danny, you have to go in." Sam tries, pushing me towards the opening.
"Are you crazy?" Tucker states "You have no idea what's on the other side!"
"Yeah, what if I get lost?" I cross my arms "this is supposed to lead to 'the ghost dimension' or whatever."
"Are you two seriously suggesting we go in there and hold your hand?" Sam teased.
I felt my anger flare slightly "well there are three suits."
"Yeah!" Tucker laughs then stops "wait... what?!"
"Whats wrong Tucker? Scared?"
"Of the ghost zone?! Yes! Theres no telling what could be over there!"
"Well why don't you come us and document everything then," sam rolls her eyes and tossed us a suit "add it to the scientific community or whatever."
-
I watch Tucker grumble about how stupid this was and pull on a suit. I zip up both sides and feel Sam's hand on my chest.
"Hang on, this may be nothing but I'm not going anywhere with this on anyones chest."
I look at the sticker of my dads face she ripped off the front and chuckle.
"Yeah my dad is anything but subtle..." I glance at her "nice upgrade."
While tucker was tinkering with his camera Sam had taken a can of black spray paint to create the allusion of a black crop top over the white and flames running down her legs. The material cut just above her boots and her arms. She had also destroyed a forth outfit to add a new floor length jacket and a belt after I'd pointed out the reason for the suit.
"Thanks." She spins, causing the jacket to flutter up around her.
"Okay, and done." Tucker hands sam and I metallic bracelets "these will allow me to track your movements should anything happen."
We all step up to the front
Tucker put a machine over his head "okay, I've rigged this old Vitual-reality device to record everything."
When Tucker almost trips over the front of the machine sam snorts "Can you see though?"
"Whats in front of me yeah. Underneath not so much."
"okay hold hands," sam snickers "we wouldn't want Tucker getting lost."

I snap my head to the left, hearing the screams of pain from all of us echo through my head.
[Danny stop.] Sam soothes and i feel her hands ghosting down my back.
[yeah man, thinking about what we cant change isnt helping.] tucker adds.
We were holding hands when the accident happened. For some reason we developed a physic link. We could feel what the other felt, talk or locate each other if we tried.
I sigh, leaning my head on the table when i feel it. That cold electric shiver that bubbles up and that cold blue mist leaves my lips.
Shit.
Since there was now three of us we played a game. Following our birthdays i flipped first. The other two would guess and the loser fought. The next time they'd flip a coin. Id fought skulker last time.
[okay call it.]
[heads!] sam snaps
[fine, im tails.]
I flip the coin and check.
[Sam your up.]
[got it.]
I actually turn my head and watch sam slow, her hand grabbing her leg.
"Ahh! Charlie horse! Charlie horse!"
I watch her fall to the ground and snort quietly.
The couch stops, rolling his eyes "paulina help Manson to the bathroom!"
"What?!" Both girls cry out
"Im not helping her!" Paulina whines
"She cant lift me!" Sam counters "id rather not add a broken nose to this pain!"
He sighs "fine. Dash! Help Sam!"
Dash groans as well but after a moment slows his run to a gentle jog before the girl "come on dorkette, lets go."
He picks up sam with ease, walking back towards the school.