Part 1

12 years ago

Age:  43 Colt | 31 Dell

Dell Pov:

My brother and I have been working and testing on a secret project for 10 months given by the administrator and Mann co we were assigned to different components of the machine I was tasked with the programming and data collection for the portal. Colt's job was to build the framework, and wiring, and add the Australium inside the machine for it to work. The machine is a high-powered Australium-infused dimensional portal frame designed by the higher-ups of Mann co to explore further the different dimensions for rare minerals and other kinds of wildlife for Saxton Hale's Fight Pit. Today is the first energy testing of the portal. 

Portal: 

Dell: Hey Colt today's the first energy testing are you excited

Colt: Heck yeah I'm excited, We've been developing this portal for the past 10 months I hope it works.

Dell: I do hope so.

After that short interaction with my brother, it was time for the testing we hooked up the base power supply and backup generator to the portal in case there was a malfunction there was a kill switch for the power, and the portal near the panel to my right. I was putting 10% power to the portal but it still wasn't working so upped it to 20% to 75% and it still wasn't working so I did the most dangerous thing I upped it to 100% and it worked we saw a huge planet teeming with life, minerals, animals, and agriculture but there was cost the entire base's power supply and backup generator is almost tapped out and the portal is breaking away due to overloading of power so I pulled the killswitch but It was no use the portal stayed open but my brother the genius he was thought out a solution he planned to use explosive to close the portal so he and I brought a small stack of explosive and threw it to the portal and we exploded it and it worked the portal was slowly closing but my brother was blown off the platform and getting sucked by the current so I tried to pull my brother to safety but the current was too strong.

Colt: Let me go, Dell! if we both get sucked in the team won't have an engineer please dell let me go.

After that speech, I slowly and tearfully let go of his hand and I saw him smile at me one final time and get dragged into the portal never to return

To Be Continued