💕Gutter Girl | Lynn Rush, Kelly Anne Blount💕

About The Book:

About The Book:

Author: Lynn Rush, Kelly Anne Blount.
Pages: 294.
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC (Teen).
Genre: Teens & YA, Contemporary Romance.

Blurb:

Star football player Jace Rovers has a secret. And not just any secret—a shocking secret... He writes romance. The kind with swords. And dresses. And kissing.

Nobody knows. Not the other kids at Twin River High. Not his overbearing parents. And certainly not the millions of fans who've read his book on the writing platform Scribbles. And that's the way he plans to keep it.

Except suddenly one of the other football players grabs his notebook in jest and starts reading a kissing scene out loud... and Jace knows he's busted.

But then McKenna Storm, resident goth girl who avoids the spotlight like a virus, snatches up the notebook and tells everyone she's the author. And lucky for Jace, she later agrees to continue the ruse...for a price.

Heck, he'd give her anything not to reveal his secret. But when they start to fall for each other, he knows he'll have to keep the biggest secret of all—his darkest character is based on her...

Review:

The plot is unique and different. The best part is the novel within a novel. The plot of the novel mentioned in the book is an extra treat for the readers. The plot of Gutter Girl is exactly what was promised in the synopsis: cheesy, adorable, and quick.

The characters are likable, and what I really appreciate is that they aren't perfect. They have their fears, their own issues. I also love Lily, Jace's little sister. However, I wished to see more of her.

McKenna is strong and bold. Also, she has a great sense of sarcasm. She doesn't give a damn to what people think about her.

Now coming to what could be improved!

The writing is not deep enough to fully explore Jace and McKenna's issues. There was more telling and less showing.There is a mention of Anna Todd in the book as a superstar writer, and I found that really unnecessary and kind of irritating also, as I don't like her works at all.At the start when we meet the characters, a lot of names of students and their personalities were thrown at me, which I felt a little too much to handle at the same time.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐.5

Read This?
Share your thoughts!

Haven't read this?
Would you like to recommend a book similar to this?

NOTE: If you love reading YA books, and want some recommendations, you can contact me on my social media.

And I also host book clubs. If you wish to be a part of the club, contact me. (Ebooks will be provided).

 (Ebooks will be provided)