The Queen's Hand

Edmund's POV

"My lord, it's time to wake up." said my demon butler, Lucifer Vindicta.

"Yes," I replied, getting up and running a hand through my black hair.

"Today we have the finest Darjeeling tea," Lucifer said while setting the tray on the nightstand and pouring me a cup.

He handed me the cup and pulled back the curtains, letting the sunlight rush into my bedroom. I took a sip of the tea and then set it aside.

"So, what of the letter we received yesterday?" I asked Lucifer.

"I take it that you are referring to the letter we received from the Queen," Lucifer said.

"Yes,"  I replied, "it said that this..... Ciel Phantomhive will visit us today, right?"

"Indeed, my lord, the Queen's Watchdog is visiting us today," said Lucifer. 

"I expect everything to be in order when he arrives, is that understood?" I looked at Lucifer.

"Of course,  everything shall be as you wish, my lord." Lucifer bowed.

 I nodded, satisfied.

Ciel's POV

"My lord?" I heard Sebastian call me from outside my study.

"Yes?" I replied, in a rather annoyed tone

"The Earl Grey is here to visit you," Sebastian said.

"Indeed, I am," said Charles Grey, opening the door to the study and coming in.

I gestured towards one of the chairs in front of my desk and Earl Grey seated himself in it.

"Earl Phantomhive, how have you been? I'm here because Her Majesty, the Queen, has a little...... job for you." Earl Grey said, handing me the Queens letter.

"I do believe that this case is rather important," Earl Grey added, "otherwise the Queen wouldn't ask me to deliver it to you personally, especially on a day like this, when I have many more errands to run."

I looked at the letter, wondering what its contents might be.

"Well, I should get going now." Earl Grey said as he got up and turned to leave, but then paused and, turning back to me, he added, "Do tread carefully, we don't want you and your new..... partner at each other's throats now, do we? 

I frowned, Partner, what does he mean by that?

Looking at the letter, I decided, Let's find out.

I opened the letter and read:

My dear boy,

How are you? I'm really sorry that I have to give you a case so quickly after the last one, but I'm afraid that there have been some developments in the underworld that worry me greatly and requires your urgent attention.

The matter is that some of my closest allies in preventing human trafficking and illegal drug deals, such as Duchess Mehra, Earl Harvey, Viscount Dreyar, Countess Swann, and Marchioness Melby, have very suddenly --and quite mysteriously-- disappeared.  

They are some of my most valuable allies, hence, it is very important that this case be solved as soon as possible, which is why you shall have a bit of help. I believe you may have heard of a noble house by the name of Aster or perhaps you may know of their company, The Aster Industries? In truth, they are my close allies who deal with those who may seek to harm my family and make sure that Britain's noble families do not turn against each other in any sort of violent conflict or large-scale war. As such, they are called 'The Queen's Hand'  and 'Keeper of the Queen's Peace.' The current Head of House and Queen's Hand is Earl Edmund Aster and he will help you in solving this case.

I wish you the best of luck and ask you to solve this case as quickly as you can. 

Victoria. 

"What is in the letter, my lord?" Sebastian asked.

I looked him in the eyes and said, "Prepare the carriage. We're going to the Aster Estate to meet a new..... friend."

And that's it for this chapter. Did you like it? Should I continue this book? Let me know in the comments or you can message me.