33: Adri's World

Adriano rushed into the hospital, not entirely sure what to expect. All he knew was that there had been a car crash and that his son and Rosaline, Donatello's grandmother, had been brought here. He frantically scanned the waiting room full of people before his eyes landed on the one woman he was searching for all along. Without another thought he raced over to where she was standing, lent against a wall with tears cascading down her cheeks.

"Amore mio (my love)." He called out softly. 

Maria looked up at him and in an instant threw her arms around him, buried her head into the crook of his neck and sobbed harder. 

The two had been in the talking phase for a little while but hadn't officially become anything, so they were still talking with other people and going on other dates. Then one day Maria had told Adri that this one guy had every intention of making her his girlfriend - and that was the one thing that pushed Adriano to confess his feelings. The feelings that he'd tried to fight so bad. In his head he'd already claimed her as his and he knew he had to bite the bullet and let her know what was up. Thankfully Maria felt the same and from there they'd only grown closer as a couple. He was hers and she was his, though nobody besides them, Donatello and Rosaline knew it. 

Adriano had been with someone some months ago but that ended as soon as Donatello came along because the girl couldn't and wouldn't accept the innocent child - the relationship ending was a sigh of relief to his little sister Elena who truly couldn't stand her and to the others as well. This new relationship with Maria was different though. The pair were weary of revealing themselves because they weren't entirely sure how anyone would react. Sure, no one thought anything of them getting along because they were all good friends, but actually popping out as a couple would make things a whole lot different. 

"My son," Adriano said after a few minutes. "Is he okay?"

Maria pulled away but remained in her man's arms. "I don't know. No one would tell me anything even though they're the ones that called me. They said they didn't realise I wasn't blood related."

"That's some fucking bullshit." Adri seethed feeling his anger begin to rise. 

He'd made his amore (love) Donatello's other emergency contact. It was Elena but when she got pregnant, he changed it because he didn't want to put any stress on her in case something did happen. He never thought anything would happen but it did and he was getting angrier knowing that his girlfriend had been shunned by doctors even though she was the emergency contact for his son. 

"Come on." He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the front desk where they were met by a middle aged woman. "My son was admitted here, Donatello Maceo Antonelli."

The woman looked at Adri before sighing and holding out a clipboard. "You'll need to fill this out and then-"

"Fuck all that. My girl has been waiting to hear any news about our boy but you fuckers turned her away because she's not blood related...that's bullshit, if she's the emergency contact then she obviously has every right to know what is going on! Now if you know what's good for you, you'll get us to my son before I have this entire place shut down!"

"Give me one moment and I'll have a doctor come get you both." The woman said quickly before making a phone call. 

Moments later a doctor walked down the hallway and approached Adriano and Maria. 

"Family of Donatello Antonelli?"

"That's us." Maria said, speaking before a fuming Adri could.

"I'm Dr Andrew Samson. Follow me please."

The doctor led them through the halls for a minute or two until they came to a stop outside one of the rooms. He opened the door and stepped inside with Adriano and Maria right behind him.