Part 20

BIG DAY TODAY.  Manik and Nandini were sleeping in their respective rooms in their respective mansions.

A knock on both of their doors together.

Ishita: Nanduuu

Nyonika: Manikkkk

And both of them get up with a jerk.

Manik,Nandini: Coming Mamma

They both picked up their phone absolutely unaware, or in their sleepiness forgot its their ROKA.

Nandini: Oh my god, its our ROKA today.

Manik: Its the day.

and they called each other at the same time together.

"The number you are trying to call is currently busy."

Nandini: Busy? Who is he talking to this early?

Manik: Its our day today and she is busy with someone else. No No maybe some glitch, lets try again.

Nandini: Yeah let me call him again.

And busy again.

Nandini: What the hell.

Manik: Let her be, I ain't calling her now saamne se karegi to baat hogi.

Not a good start to the day.

They freshened up got ready in their outfits and both the families left for temple.

Roka was to take place in a temple which has high spiritual value, secluded from the main city in a remote area.

Malhotras reached first. Nyonika and BUA JI started looking after the decorations. 

It was a grand temple centuries old and right now under the Malhotras itself. Touristry was stopped for that day. Just a priest was there at that particular time. Located on the hill top, the temple had everything required for a peaceful mind 

but but but Manan were definitely not in peace right now.

After a while Murthys arrived to.

Navya was helping Nandini with her lehanga  when she got down. Manik was looking at her already moth wide open. She was looking etheral in that traditional fusioned lehanga with a modern touch to it. He was charmed yet again but as soon as Nandini's eyes landed on him He looked away.

Nandini was ofcourse oggling him too slaying in white but,

Nandini: Huh seriously he is the one to be busy with god knows who and now he is the one ignoring me, I ain't talking too let him do whatever he wishes to.

Nandini ignoring him and met Cabir, hugged Nyonika and Raj and met Mukti too. She got to know that Alia was not well so she did not come and Dhruv stayed with her.

Manik: How dare she ignore me? We definitely need to talk like what does she think of herself.

Nandini: I need to talk to him, we can't stay ignoring each other during the ceremony right.

She was thinking all this when Manik pulled him to a secluded corner.

Manik: Why u ignoring me?

Nandini: Exactlyyyy why are you ignoring me when u are at fault how dare u ignore me?

Manik: I was at fault, Nandini u were busy this morning busy with god knows who.

Nandini: No you were the one talking to god knows who , was it a girl? why don't u go marry her then or go marry ur phone. yeah best