One

You never really know how terrible things may seem, until you're faced with a situation that leaves you wide open for ridicule and judgment. People stare, quite mockingly might I add. They don't have to say anything -- at least, not out loud. You can see it when their heads turn in your direction, how their eyes expand with amusement, and in the way they snicker and mumble under their breaths; and even when you can't hear what's being said, you just know. That's how I was met with my Monday-morning in the school's main hall -- wide-eyed curiosity and what was meant to be subtle gossip.

"I think -- are you sure you there's nothing you want to tell me?" Harry was persistent. Even then, Niall couldn't bring himself to tell his only friend about his pregnancy. Harry's worrisome gaze told Niall that he already knew something was up and, in that moment, Niall realized that there was a possibility that several others had known as well. He bit his bottom lip, avoiding his best friend's stare, causing the curly-haired boy to sigh. "Niall, I know already," Harry confessed. "It would've been nice to hear it from you though." Upon looking up, Niall spotted Harry walking away; a short, yet effective, indication that the curly-haired boy was upset with him.

Niall blamed Liam for how his life was suddenly turning upside down. Nothing good came out of being pregnant. He was the topic of conversation, negatively speaking of course, and his own loved ones weren't exactly being as supportive as he had hoped. Granted he was the irresponsible one all those nights ago; however, that aspect of unconditional, when it came to love, clearly had a "--but" hanging at the end of it. Sometimes, he tried to see things from a different perspective. He thought that maybe his parents were trying to process everything as much as he was. After all, he was their only son to experience pregnancy, let alone teen pregnancy. It was a lot to cope with; however, would he have asked for too much if he wanted them to try harder?

"Look," Niall was slightly startled, the curly-haired boy standing back in front of him, suddenly. "I'm not weird-ed out or anything like that, and I won't too much question why you slept with Liam. It's just -- hearing everyone else talk about it, and me not knowing from the beginning, was a bit upsetting," Harry explained. "But then, I realized you're probably feeling a bit conflicted about it all; and I just want you to know that I'm here for you one-hundred percent." Niall nodded, a small smile appearing on his lips. The first bell rung, though Niall remained pressed against the drinking-fountain just as he had been the moment he walked into school. Call him a coward, but he preferred the seclusion. That way, he wouldn't have to feel as if the whole world was watching him, nor would he have to endure the endless whispers as he walked down the hall.

The hall grew vacant; however, the pair was met with Liam. The brunette stood before them, not as tall as Harry, but still evoked intimidation. Harry took notice of Niall's moment of insecurity, the blond remaining pressed against the wall, while his head hung low. Harry's dirt-stained Converse were planted firmly on the tile beneath him, somewhat using his body as a shield to protect his best friend from the sight of Liam. Liam glanced over Harry's shoulder, Niall's blue eyes boring into his own momentarily; and he took notice of the way Niall securely held his binder tightly against himself, shielding his stomach in the process. "Looking for something?" Harry asked, a slightly threatening hint within the tone of his husky voice. Liam's eyes remained on Niall's for what seemed like another minute, only then to advert his gaze to the curly-haired boy. He scoffed, and then left without saying a word. The final bell rung, indicating that they were now late for their first course; however, the two headed down the hall, in the opposite direction of St. Mary's Economic class.