chapter 26

11 March 2020

I scan my pass to come into the paddock. I arrived a little later than Charles, him wanting to be early on the first day of the season, not counting the testing days. I smile to the few camera's that catch me, not giving them too much thought. I walk through the paddock with a smile to the Ferrari motorhome. Charles texted me 10 minutes ago that I can wait in his drivers room, or at least drop my bag there. As I have a busy week right after I come back, I have to do some planning and work, what I plan to do today and tomorrow so I am fully free for the weekend. 

⫷✧❃✧⫸

As I put my bag down I hear that I get called. I take my phone to see my mom is calling me, I pick up my phone. "Hey mamma" I smile, meanwhile taking my iPad, notebook and pencil case out of my bag. 

"Hey cuore mio how is Australia" She asks. 

"It is beautiful, very sunny. I am just on my way to get a coffee and sit in the sun to do some work, it is march" I laugh. 

"Nice, and sorry if I sound like a concerned mother, even if I am that. But how is the virus there, nonna and nonno are already taking precautions because the situation is bad in Italy. I just want to make sure you are sure and you can come back home" She says. 

"It is not good but not too bad. But I am also taking precautions like holding my distance. I didn't even hug Lando yesterday when Charles and I met him for dinner. Also because I want Charles to be safe, I only keep close to him" I say, thanking the girl at the cafeteria for my coffee before moving to the veranda of the Ferrari motorhome. I sit down and lay down my stuff. 

"Okay, as long as you are safe. I can go to sleep now, have a good day honey. And can you sent my good luck to Charles and Lando because I don't think I speak to you anymore before the racing begins" She says. 

"Well good night maman, also wish dad and Noëlle a good night if they are still awake. And I will wish them good luck" I say, and soon after I hung up. 

⫷✧❃✧⫸

I open my note book And dot down my planning, knowing that I need to have a planning next week because it is busy but I want to be sure it is safe. I see a photographer approaching me. "Hi, I'm Kym. Is it alright if I post some photo's of you I just took" He kindly asks, showing me the pictures. 

"Yeah sure, that are some really nice photos you took" I complement him. 

"Thank you, do you mind telling me something about you? So I can make that in a good caption" He asks. 

"Of course, My name is Élodie Garcia. And well I am a photographer and also since a few weeks studying to be a teacher in photography on an art school or at least internship suitable for young photographers. And I just turned 21 last month" I tell a bit about myself. "And I am Charles girlfriend, but I think that was pretty clear as I am here in the Ferrari Paddock not wearing any team clothing" I laugh. 

"Yeah I already got that, but thank you. I will tag you" He says before leaving me alone again.

⫷✧❃✧⫸

"Charles stop stealing my lunch" I slap his hand away for the fifth time when he tries to steal some from my salad, when he has wraps, being on a drivers diet. 

"But El, if I am still hungry, and please your are way to small for that salad" He says, try to get some chicken again. 

"Walking on thin ice Leclerc. I'm telling Andrea" I warn him, giving him a slap with my fork on his hand, but I still have a smile on my face.