Episode 10: Everything is good

Manik practiced in the studio till late. He had his dinner there and returned home by 12 in the night. He knew that except Chachi both the siblings might be awake. He needed to have "The Talk" with Nandini so after having a shower, and wearing his night suit he went up to Nandini's room. He opened the door to find her sleeping on the bed facing her back to him. He closed his eyes in a regret, to have not come earlier.

Man: tch, shit...

Saying this he was about to move out closing the door

Nan: I am awake!

He turned around. She got up with her phone in her hand. She was surfing on the net. She switched on the light, and smiled at him.

Nan: Wo, mujhe laga Chachi hogi.. so ...
Man: Oo, achaa *he came close to her and sat beside her on the bed*
Nan: Tum bahar the, tumhe laga I would sleep before you come?
Man: *smiled at her and shook his head in a no* Nhi
Nan: Hmm.. good. To bolo, song crack hua? Meeting kaisi thi? Did Robert scold you?
Man: Nhi, aisa kuch nhi hua. Infact he apologized to me first for not telling me about Niyonika. And you know, even he doesn't like her.
Nan: hmm.. and song?
Man: Haa song crack kar liya, the betrayal track, and nayi tune bhi bithali
Nan: Wow, good progress!

She kept her head on his shoulder and sighed in peace.

Man: Nandini, I need to talk to you
Nan: *sitting up straight* Ab kya hua??
Man: Kuch hua nhi, parr... I.. I told Robert about you
Nan: About me?
Man: Haa matlab, he asked me that how did I calm down. Knowing the person I am.. *Nandini looks away with a smile* you know, angry young man. So he asked me this, and I told him about *flicking her nose* my girlfriend. My Nandini.
Nan: Ok.. so?
Man: He asked me to decide about our relationship
Nan: What about our relationship?
Man: Will you let me speak!
Nan: Sorry
Man: *silent*
Nan: Bolo...
Man: kuch bologi nhi na?
Nan: Kuch nhi bolungi, *keeps a finger on her lips*
Man: *chuckles, then removing her hand from her lips* Suno... He wants us to decide weather we want to make our relationship public or no.
Nan: Matalb? I mean I understand what you are asking... But we never thought about it so seriously.
Man: I know I know. Maine bhi itne seriously nhi socha tha. But today Robert told me about other things. See, after the Album I will have to go to many interviews and places for promotion and there I will be asked about my relationship status. And also on social media..
Nan: Inshort tum famous hojaoge.
Man: Hmm
Nan: See, I think you should not reveal your relationship status. Infact, tum to aisa boldo that you are single
Man: Why?
Nan: See, you being this hot and handsome boy, and being single, for sure tumhare fangirls hongi. And I don't want to attract hatered from them.. *Manik looked away with a laugh*
Man: Kya Nandini
Nan: Aree, seriously...
Man: Nhi, I don't have that problem... Infact I want the world to know about you being mine, and I being yours
Nan: So cheesy
Man: The thing I am concerned about is that, if you are revealed through my insta or any other medium To khamakha mere harr article mai ya controversy mai you would be dragged. Faltu me tumhe judge karenge log, and infact media will reach you in your college too. I don't want that for you.
Nan: Hmm... You are right. Aree to simple! Why are we thinking so much about this. See no one can force you to reveal anything. Aisa karo, iske bareme kuch bolo hi mat. Neither single nor taken. Just "No Comments".
Man: Hmm, nice idea
Nan: Thankyou

Manik kept sitting there beside her. After a point Nandini looked at him, then shook her head towards the door asking him to go. Manik looked at her actions and even understood them but acted blind towards it.