Prologue-Unexpected

The nighttime had always been comforting for Aesop, despite the fear of bad things that may happen, to someone walking alone at night, he still agreed it was a peaceful time. It was fall, he didn't really have a favorite season to be honest, but just like a little kid, who wouldn't enjoy crushing the dry leaves on the ground as they walked. Aesop was on his way to work, nothing special. Nothing special on this walk, just a calming breeze against his face, and a sky that looked like a painting.

Passing by one of the small alleyways, on this normal route of his, there was a shadow. The shadow looked like a person, he happened to notice it out of the corner of his eyes. Of course his heart was racing, this wasn't something he dealt with at this time of night, and whatever it was seemed to be a manifestation of his anxiety.

He took a step back towards the unknown shady figure, not quite sure why in all honesty, and just stared at whatever was there. He hoped it was just his imagination, he hadn't gotten much sleep, so he tried to reassure himself that that was the case. The figure moved, or in Aesop's thoughts, it was ready to attack.

Aesop took a deep breath. A quiet breath. He stepped back, almost missing the slight height between the sidewalk and the street. As he tried to steady himself, the figure came more into the light, it looked like a young man. His white shirt and black jacket looked a bit dirty, he had brunette hair (with a small ponytail in the back), dirtied jeans, and an eye covered with a white patch.

"Staring isn't polite." the stranger uttered, sounding as if he was in pain a bit. "Thought it was odd as to why people told me to not come in this area during the day." he let out a weak laugh, almost scolding himself.

"..." Aesop wasn't fond of believing in things such as ghosts, but if anything he wished it would've been.

"Sorry fooooorrr startling... you." The brunette said as his eyes started to close, passed out possibly from pain, which is what Aesop had assumed.

Aesop snapped out of his fearful state and gained back his composure. Noticing that the man had been out cold he bent down to check his pulse. Just in case, because you never know...

No pulse... The man even felt as cold as a corpse. But to be fair it was decently cold, and Aesop could've been too tired and missed the young man's pulse.

He couldn't just leave the man there, he didn't seem in good condition. As much as he didn't enjoy being around other people, leaving the brunette to die here would be cruel. Aesop rested his makeup box onto the ground and hoisted the stranger onto his back. He expected him to be heavier but he was fairly light, and Aesop would be able to pick up his box from the ground comfortably.

Aesop hadn't been quite far from his original location, and there was nowhere else to take the man....Let alone Aesop left his phone at home.

Arriving at his final destination, his overnight job, he headed to the back of the building, opening it with a neatly cleaned key. He flipped on a light switch, which illuminated the hallway. He sighed, after this current incident he couldn't say he wasn't expecting something to creep up on him.

Aesop headed to a back room, unlocking and opening the door, a gush of cold air hit him, but it was familiar to him so it wasn't a bother. The walls were decorated with metal cabinets, and a metal table, about the size of an average height adult. Besides it, there was a smaller metal table, and three separate cabinets with blankets and pillows in them (a chair resting next to it).
"Shit-" He mumbled under his breath, of course becoming a bit out of breath from carrying a grown man a good 2 blocks. Before setting the man down he threw a freshly clean pillow onto the metal table then set the man down on it as carefully as he could. He put a few of the thin blankets onto the brunette, not that it would warm him up considering it was probably colder in the room then it was outside.
"Ugh.." The man moved around a bit, the lights made him squint as he opened his eyes. "Is it finally my time to die god." He mumbled, more in a joking manner, but sounded as though he needed a drink of water.
"...You passed out in an alley... so I brought you here." Aesop told him, "It's not ideal...but I'll be sure to contact someone to come and help you." He lied, he couldn't trust the stranger and making him believe he could reach out for help was the best he could do.
"Oh, heh, thanks but no worries, I'll be going then." The man said as he began to sit up, then immediately went to holding his head in pain.