Chapter 1 - Weird warp and Polka dots

■

"AAAAAAAAH I HATE THIS!"

You exclaimed, crying dramatically as you covered your ears. "I don't wanna be separated from you! Papa! Save me! NoooooO!"

Your father sighed at your overdramatic behavior, covering his face in embarrassment upon seeing the personnels standing from behind a certain large gate, watching a child cry. You clung around your step-mother, who awkwardly embraced you in her long arms.

"What do you mean I'll rarely see you once I come in?! I cannot even live alone!"

You cried out once again, staring at the people standing behind the gates in a horrified manner.

"You'll learn from it! Come on, what happened to you saying you wanted to enroll in the school I was in, huh?" Your father scratched his head, before sighing as you wouldn't listen. Maybe he shouldn't have told you about this academy's lack of contact with the outside world, after all.

"Long time no see, Jikan-kun." A man with shoulder length blonde hair walked out of the now opened gate and chuckled upon seeing your tear-stained face. Your father stared at him for a moment, before smiling awkwardly as the blonde haired guy wrapped an arm around his shoulder in a friendly manner. "Oh, I didn't expect to see you this soon, Narumi."

"Narumi?" you repeated, catching their attention, "papa, who is this?"

"Oh, just a friend I had a long time ago." The blonde haired male whom your father called Narumi crouched down in front of you and caressed your cheek, and all of a sudden you felt your veins melting into his touch, it felt good, in a weird way that it almost made your mind blank.

"Would you come with me inside and study here?" Narumi asks with a soft voice, watching as your eyes turn blank for a split second.

"Yes," you blindly answered, "I will enroll here."

He smiled warmly before letting go of your cheeks, stepping aside as you stood up and walked beside him. "Oh thank goodness," your father sighed in relief upon seeing you being so calm now.

"Say, Jikan-kun, why did you want to enroll this kid here? Out of all places?"

Your father smiled slightly, and your step mother only gazed at you with her eyes glimmering in concern. Somehow, you felt as if your mind were being played by mere strings. As if you're being controlled, or let's say, manipulated. But at the same time, you are not aware of it.

"I had no choice." your father walked in front of Narumi, and upon observing closely, they looked the same age. You assumed they once grew together. Almost immediately Narumi understood. He looked at him in sympathy, "Can I ask you a kind favor?" Your father reached out and held Narumi's hands, kneeling on one knee as he bowed politely, almost as if pleading for something.