27.7

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

"I'm all for winging it, but this is crazy, man," Rome complains as the team looks out at the city of Los Angeles. "We got mercenaries with some real heat on us. I mean, I ain't scared or nothing, but... Man, I don't even have a gun!"
"Gun?" Dom asks as he looks at Rome. "We got a whole city."
"And we may have more than that. If they use God's Eye, it'll tap the cameras around the town to find our location. Which means we could plant a virus," Tej explains causing Ramsey to nod in agreement.
"And then break in when they access it," Ramsey says in agreement. "So you're talking about hacking my hacking device. It's brilliant."
"Yeah, but there's one problem," Tej says with a sigh. "The signal strength. We can't start a hack on them until they're within a two mile range."
"That's really close," Gabby states as she looks at Tej.
"Close?" Rome asks her. "These guys are military. If they're within two miles of us, we're already dead. I don't know about y'all, but I didn't really plan on dying today."
"Only one way to stay alive," Brian suggests. "We play keep away with Ramsey."
"What?" Ramsey asks confused.
"They can't hit us if we keep moving," Brian explains.
"And I'll take Shaw," Dom tells them as he steps forward.
"So, basically, we're just gearing up for a big game of hot potato, huh?" Tej asks causing Ramsey to look at him confused.
"Which car is the potato?" Ramsey asks him.
"Girl, you're the potato," Rome answers her as Letty walks over to Dom. Gabby can't help but listen to Dom and Letty as she looks out at the city.
"Why does it feel like I'm not gonna see you again?" Letty asks causing Dom to look at her. Dom takes off the cross necklace before putting it around her neck.
"I'll come back for that," Dom tells her as she looks at the necklace.
"Promise?" Letty asks him as she looks up at him.
"Promise," Dom answers her before she walks away from him. Gabby could only wish to have a love that survives what Letty and Dom have gone through. And as she thinks about this, her mind can't help but drift to Deckard.

Dom goes back to the house and into the garage. Dom then uncovers the Dodge Charger.
"One last ride," Dom says as he looks at the car. Dom pulls a shot gun out of the trunk before sawing off the barrel. He also saws off the stock before loading the gun. Deckard starts wrapping the wounds he got at the factory. Gabby puts on a DSS vest that was in the trunk of the car that was left for her as a favor. Deckard then start loading his guns. Gabby loads a hand gun before holstering it to her vest. Gabby then rips the DSS logo off of the vest. Deckard packs a bag of grenades before putting on a coat. Deckard gets into his car with the bag. Gabby gets into her car. Deckard takes off into the night. Dom gets into his car before also taking off into the night.

Gabby stops in front of what is left of the Toretto household before a car pulls in behind her. Gabby gets out leaning against her car before Deckard walks over to her.
"Gabby Hobbs," Deckard says as she turns to face him.
"Deckard Shaw," Gabby says with a smirk. "Or should I say murderer or savior? Seeing as you have saved me twice now."
"Deckard is good," Deckard answers her with a hint of a smile. "Why did you come here?"
"Because I knew this would be the first place that you looked for him," Gabby answers him with a shrug before turning serious. "I came because I wanted to ask you to stop before anyone else got hurt. Before you get hurt because that is how this will end."
"You know that's not going to happen," Deckard tells her. "Not until I put Dominic Toretto in the ground for what he did to my brother."
"What exactly did he do?" Gabby asks him, knowing the truth of what happened to Owen Shaw.
"He sent my brother out of plane that was taking off, leaving him in a full body cast," Deckard answers her in anger before walking back towards his car. "Now he's going to pay."
"You should know the truth before you put the wrong person down," Gabby says causing Deckard to stop and look at her. "I was there."
"What?" Deckard asks her in shock.
"Me, Dom, and Owen were the last ones in the cargo hold," Gabby begins to explain as that night comes back to her mind for it had given her nightmares until she found out Owen was alive. "Owen tried to get away but I followed him. We fought inside the vehicle he tried to get away in but I won, jumping out of the vehicle. I left him in there. The vehicle hit the raising cargo hold door, causing Owen to be ejected from the windshield and out of the plane."
"No," Deckard says as he shakes his head. There was no way he could believe that the woman, that he was slowly falling for, is behind his brother's pain. "I don't believe you."
"It's the truth," Gabby says with tears in her eyes because it hurt that he didn't believe her. "I had nightmares about it until I found out he was alive."
"No," Deckard says with a shake of his head before getting into his car and taking off.