Untitled Part 1

The cold bit at your fingers and the wind blowing at your back at you wishing you had worn a heavier coat, but nothing was going to stop you from taking these photos, it was too important. Besides, it was too late to sneak away now, so you had to suck it up and ignore the shivers running down your spine.

Another quick snap of the camera and you ducked down behind the stack of boxes you'd made your hiding place. It wasn't really the best place to hide, but the criminals had shown up out of nowhere, forcing you to find cover. Since you couldn't leave, you decided to make use out of the situation and get the incriminating photos you needed to take down this gang once and for all. It was just a waiting game now.

"Miyata, it's been over an hour and I'm cold. When's the buyer supposed to get here?"

You recognized the young man who spoke from your countless hours of research: Wakamatsu Fujio. He was one of the underlings of the Kuroki syndicate. Miyata Bunzo, the big burly beast of a man beside him was the current boss's son.

Why they were here though, you had no idea. It wasn't your intention to get caught up in whatever they were doing here. As an investigative journalist, you'd only come to look into the rumors that this warehouse on the docks doubled as a shipping center for their drug operation. Months of research went into procuring this intel, so you couldn't just pass up the chance to get the evidence you needed to finally take them down. It was the perfect opportunity, so of course, something had to go wrong. You were slightly regretting not telling anyone what you were up to, especially one particular hero who would have your head if he knew where you were right now.

"Relax Kama, he'll be here. I know what I'm doing." Miyata looked a bit annoyed. "I can handle this."

"We couldn't've handled this in like a warm building or something?" He complained, flexing his fingers. "The cold is terrible for my skin."

Maybe your intel was bad, but you were positive the place should've been empty tonight, so what the hell were these two doing here? The plan was to just sneak in, get a few pictures of the drugs, and get out-undetected. Obviously, that was going to be a challenge now.

After a few minutes of nervous shuffling in the dark and rubbing the cold from your fingers, a set of headlights pulled up to the warehouse. It was a large black van with tinted windows. When the driver's side door opened up and a tiny man jumped out, you had to stifle your laughter. He was wearing a morning suit, which was odd considering it was well past midnight, and he had a thick mustache that reminded you of the Monopoly Man. It looked so ridiculous, given the circumstances, that you had to snap a few more photos just for keepsakes.

"Hello, gentlemen." Rich Uncle Pennybags gave a curt bow.

"Mr. Saionji," Miyata nodded. "I trust you brought the goods?"

"Just what you asked for." He tapped the side of the van. "Although, a few of them were hard to find. Don't worry about any heat, no one should be missing these."

"Good work. Kama." Miyata snapped his finger and Wakamatsu stepped forward with the briefcase. "Fifty grand."

Mr. Saionji grinned as he opened the briefcase. "Pleasure doing business boys. Tell your father I look forward to our partnership." He shook Miyata's hand, then opened the back of the van.

What came out was not what you were expecting. In the dim light from the lampposts, you could make out a group of about five people who were forced out of the van, each one blindfolded, gagged, and cuffed with what looked like quirk restraints. Your first thought was the kidnapping of a rival gang, but these people didn't look like gangsters, just a couple of regular citizens who were having a very bad day.