Chapter 2: surprises

Christien made his way to the Rapid Caverns, the home of Rachel the cobra.
The Caverns had a humid air, the rocky walls were wet from the water that flows through it.

Christien looked around the cave to find a place where Rachel might have been, but he couldn't find a clue.

Christien: maybe she went out, I can surprise attack her.

???: if only that plan could work without anyone ruining it.

Christien jumped back and looked around but found nothing, but slithering behind him was the cobra herself.

Christien: they never learn.

Christien quickly turned around to see the cobra herself. She was wearing a green dress with golden earrings.

Rachel: how dare you disturb me.

Christien just smirked while closing his eyes. He opened them to see that the cobra was gone.

Christien: can't even fight face to face, figures. I guess we'll have to play this...

He was interrupted by something wrapping around his ankle and pulling him back. He kicked Rachel in the gut jumping back in the process.

Christien: ...the hard way.

He saw that Rachel was holding a small knife in her hand, but didn't have time to react to her throwing it as it hit him in the shoulder. He pulled it out and quickly ran at Rachel.

A swift kick to her head made her fall back but she got back up to punch him in the rib which did nothing.

Rachel: you're persistent I'll give you that.

Rachel slithered her way quickly to attempt to wrap her way around his legs but failed miserably as he jumped up and stepped on it.

Rachel looked at Christien with pain and sorrow, but it didn't trick Christien as he delivered a small punch to her gut.

Christien: nice try, but you don't know how many times someone tried to use that against me.

Both of them backed up to the walls of the cavern, side stepping in the same direction.

Rachel: of you're trying to get me for that bounty then you won't make it that far.

Christien: if I made it this far I think I can go a little further.

Rachel smirked widely, then turned invisible to hide from Christien. He became utterly confused and tried to look around for her.

Christien: again with this hiding?

He tried to find her but felt a force wrap around his chest and back, before he knew it he was in the air and couldn't move his arms.

Rachel turned herself back to normal to show that she had stuck herself to the roof of the cave.

Rachel: I usually let people that make it this far go, but you might be important to me.

Rachel's eyes turned to a light yellow color, the same way she uses to take control of her pray.

Christien on the other hand tried using his ice powers finally to use and formed ice right under where Rachel was hanging from, which made her slip off and hit the ground. Christien set himself free and froze Rachel's hands together.

Christien: nobody tells me what to do except me.