Chapter Two - Our First Argument

Vlaire and Valt waved goodbye at the vehicle Ken was in as they headed back to school. During their History class, Vlaire couldn't shake the feeling of worry at the pit of her stomach. She's worried sick for Ken.

'What if he gets bullied?'

'What if no one wants to be friends with him?'

'What if–'

Before her mind could start wondering negative things, the bluenette slapped herself at the cheeks to snap her from her thoughts. She focused on her History test which she answered with ease. She assured herself that Ken will do all right at his new school, he's a strong boy. Her assurance eventually calmed her nerves down. After what it seemed years inside their History class, the bell finally rang and Vlaire was so ready to get out of that place. She dashed to the door and caught up with Shu. Heading to their usual spot at the rooftop, Shu nudged her side on the way. "What's gotten you so tense?"

Vlaire sighed rather loudly. "I'm worried for Ken. You and I both know how hard it was for him to make friends here," she said exasperated, over thinking the possibilities when Shu tapped her shoulder with a smile on his face, assuring him that Ken will do great at his new school. They both headed to the rooftop to hang out with the rest of the club.

Valt and Rantaro were already battling each other, discarding their lunches aside. Vlaire sighed, missing Keru's constant roast to either of his friends. The bluenette raised her head to the sky, wondering if Ken was staring at it too. She smiled, silently hoping Ken the best of luck for his first day. Vlaire focused her gaze at the battle in front of her while eating the bread her mom baked together with Shu. Roktavor bursted to three pieces and Rantaro bent down to pick it up before he sat down to eat in peace, exhausted from the battle.

Valt was jolly about his win and faced them. "Hey Shu, we didn't get to battle yesterday so let's do it now. You up for it?" he challenged. The albino was about to stand up when Vlaire raised her arm, blocking his way. "No, Shu," she said firmly.

Valt pouted and confusingly asked, "What? Why?"

Vlaire glared. "I'm assuming you're not aware of Shu's condition." Rantaro snapped his head at the conversation and asked, "What? What's wrong with Shu?" The albino himself was whispering things at Vlaire who couldn't comprehend what he was saying so she simply ignored it. She lowered her arm and sighed, closing her eyes. "Shu's shoulder needs to heal."

The bluenette thought Valt would understand what she said but what came from his mouth told her otherwise. "Vlaire, he's my best friend too, you know! You can't just have him all for yourself. Besides, I don't see anything wrong with his shoulder, so why does it has to heal?" Valt interjected.

"Actually, there is something wrong with his shoulder. He strained his shoulders badly from that numerous training," she explained, enlightening the club about Shu's current situation. "That is why I will not let it strain much more than it already has at the best of my ability at any circumstances."

"Vlaire, you're being dramatic. Look, I saw him training at the park yesterday and it looks to me that his shoulder is fine," Valt argued.

"Oh, yeah? Well, do you see him flinch every time he launches?" she asked, mocking in a way. Valt was about to say no when he realized that Shu has been flinching whenever they battle. "That's what I thought."

"That means Shu has to stop doing things that may worsen his injury, right?" Wakiya questioned, his voice came out barely like a whisper due to the chills he's gotten from the Aoi's argument. It's very rare to see them have a serious argument. Most of the time, it's just childish play but this one is different.