Chapter 01: A Promising Start

In a forest of the Duel Academy in the middle of the night, two yellow Ra students stand by a flashlight while one films the other with his Duel Pilot.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to open all the boosters you bought in the day in a forest in the middle of the night?" Asked the student holding the Duel Pilot.

"Yeah don't worry too much tomorrow it's halloween so if we have some good stuff we'll post it for the atmosphere." The other student said as he pulled several boosters out of his jacket and opened one by flicking the cards.

"So for the moment you have good cards?" Asked the student holding the Duel Pilot.

"Nah, we will have more luck with others." The student said with the booster in hand before moving on.

"If you say so. Personally, I don't believe it." Says the student holding the Duel Pilot.

"We'll see." The student said with the booster in his hand before his friend heard a noise in the distance that frightened him.

"What was that?!" Asked the student holding the Duel Pilot, looking in the direction he heard the noise.

"What?" The student asked with the boosters.

"Have not you heard?" Asked the student holding the Duel Pilot with surprise.

"No. Don't worry it must be windy." The student said with the boosters.

"Yeah. Surely." Says the student holding the Duel Pilot, wanting reassurance.

They continue to open the boosters without having anything interesting until the last one where he got both a surprised and puzzled look.

"What? What did you get?" Asked the student holding the Duel Pilot very curious about the card that caused this reaction in his friend.

"That's strange, this card looks powerful, but I've never heard of it. Check it out." Said the boosting student as he showed the card to his friend.

It represented a kind of spider demon, and it was a level 10 monster.

Suddenly, the noise was heard again.

The student holding the Duel Pilot, looked back to where he had first heard the noise as his friend looked behind him and suddenly turned around.

"RUN!!!" Shouted the student to the boosters before the two began to run.

The Duel pilot cut the recording for a few seconds before continuing to film. But what he was filming was the lifeless body of the student who opened the boosters on the ground with the cards he had just obtained on his body. A man dressed in black enters the frame of the video and picks up the spider demon card lying on the student's face before leaving in the direction that the flashlight, disappearing from the darkness of the night.

--------------------------------------------------

One year later

In the Cyber Art dojo, a bald man in a brown jacket wandered in until he saw a hooded person who looked like a young teenager pull a painting off a wall, revealing a hidden compartment containing a black box with a net around it.

"Hey you! What are you doing here?!" Said the man as he ran at the hooded person to prevent him from leaving with the box.

Unfortunately, the hooded person was quicker and took the deck before jumping once he reached the entrance of the dojo, falling from the top of the mountain where the dojo was located.

The man looked up from the entrance of the dojo to see that the hooded person had disappeared.

--------------------------------------------------