Chapter 3

"Lou?"

"Yes?"

"Kiss me." I whisper.

"Are you sure?"

"Kiss me." I repeat staring into her eyes.

She slowly leans over and gently holds my face between her hands. We look at each other's eyes and I slowly run my finger across her cheek. I feel butterflies and my heartbeat is thumping in my ears. She smiles tenderly and finally kisses me.

Her lips are soft and gentle against mine, her breath tastes like mint and alcohol, we kiss softly for a few minutes, until she caresses my cheek and slowly leans away.

I stare at her, once again, speechless.

She looks at me with a smile on her face.

"Come on, let's go." She whispers.

"Where are we going?" I ask "We shouldn't be driving."

"We won't drive."

She takes my hand, we walk to a sofa and we sit there.

"So, Y/N, are you from New York?" she asks.

"I've been living here for a few years... I think it's been about four." I babble "You're definitely not from here."

"I'm not." She laughs.

"It's not that hard to tell." I say mimicking her accent and snort.

"Oh, shut up." She says laughing.

We ask each other stuff you usually ask each other on a first date, our hobbies, our favorite music, and things of that sort, until we finally fall asleep on the couch.

I wake up to the sound of Lou's and another woman's voice, it seems like they're arguing, so I keep my eyes shut and pretend to be asleep. My head hurts a little bit.

"I looked for you everywhere and you weren't answering your damn phone!" The woman says, frustrated.

"Well, I was busy." Lou replies.

"I... Oh god, why did you have to tell her?" She sounds mad.

"I trust her." Lou mutters "She seems different."

"You've just met her!" She scoffs "For all I know, she could run with this information to anyone."

"She won't!" Lou insists "And keep it down... You're gonna wake her up."

"Oh my god..." She grunts "I don't care." She whispers impatiently.

Lou exhales, exasperated.

They keep arguing in a lower tone, so I don't really hear anything anymore.

I wait a while until I open my eyes and, when I do, I see Lou and a tall, beautiful woman with long dark hair standing next to her. They're gesturing, until the brunette suddenly turns around and looks directly at me.

"Good morning." She says coldly, staring at me.

"Hi..." I mutter sleepily as I sit upright "Good morning."

I'm confused. Who is she? She looks at me up and down with a frown and I look at her right in the eyes for what feels like a long, long time.

I can only imagine how stupid and confused I look.

Is she Lou's friend, girlfriend or something of that kind?

"I'll get going if you want me to... I'm sorry." I say as I get up and start to clumsily put on my shoes, I feel really uncomfortable.