Gaming/Watching a Movie - Level Up

"Go, go go!" Ryan shouted, moving his body with his controller. I laughed and looked at him, really looked at him. He was leaned forward, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. He was still in his pajamas, which really was just a pair of fluffy pajama pants. The muscles in his bare back shifted, and he sat up straight and cheered. He was so cu-

Wait. Cheering?

I looked back up at the screen. That motherfucker beat me!

"I was distracted!" I said, dropping the controller in my lap. He laughed.

"Then stop looking at me."

"Shut up." I pouted. I knew he would be the death of me, but this is not the kind of death I was expecting.

How long had we been playing this godforsaken game anyways? I opened my phone at looked at the time. 7:06 am. We had been playing since two. I took a second to look at my lock screen, a picture of Ryan. The blue paper he was holding under his nose to cover the bottom half of his face brought out the blue in his eyes, which were sparkling. You could tell that he was laughing behind the paper.

"Make a mustache, go!" I told Ryan, holding up my phone for a picture. He panicked for a second, then held up the paper he found next to him. I took the picture, laughing at him.

"That's an awfully large moustache, dear."

"Felix, you here?" I snapped back and looked at Ryan.

"Babe, we've been playing for like, six hours." After my brain recognized the time, my adrenaline was slowing down, and I was starting to get really tired.

"'Kay." He said, starting a new round.

"Can we at least go on the couch?" He looked over at me, sighed, and then nodded.

He sat cross-legged at the one end of the couch and I laid down next to him, resting my head in his lap. He smiled down at me and ran a hand through my hair, moving it away from my face. I kicked the blanket we kept at the other end of the couch specifically for nights like this into my hand, and curled up.

"Goodnight.." I yawned.

"I love you." Ryan said softly. I gave him a small nod and fell asleep to the feeling of his body shift around again, quieter, as he kept playing his stupid game.