•5•

"I can't," I said to my brother. He looked straight into my eyes.
"You don't have a choice." The truth really hurts. I didn't have a choice, I had to take the test. I couldn't be a coward at a time like this, where would that put me in the end?

"Jamie?" I asked through the bathroom door. Both my parents were at work, and he stood in front of the bathroom, waiting.
"Yeah?" he replied.
"...uh.. I don't wanna look." My voice cracked as I said those five words. I couldn't hide it from myself, I was a coward. I couldn't look down, what if it did indeed say "pregnant"? My world would end.
"Do you want me to look for you...?" he asked awkwardly. Why was I putting my brother through this. He seemed to have read my thoughts.
"Don't worry about it Liza, I chose to stay by you." I nodded my head even though I knew he couldn't see it. He gave me hope, and maybe even courage. I looked down at the test. Pregnant. It didn't surprise me much, yet I still fell to the ground. Why? Why did I get myself into this? Why? It was the only thing I could ask myself as I banged my forehead against the tiled bathroom wall. My brother walked in, I had left the door unlocked.
"You still have another one to test out..." He offered, trying to crack a smile, but I had nothing to give him. He walked out and closed the door behind himself. I took out the second test and tried one more time, maybe the first one was incorrect. I looked down. The same word appeared on the small screen of the pregnancy test.
"It's the same thing, Jamie," I said to him through the door. He was silent. For the first time since I told him what had happened, I could feel his disappointment. But when I walked out, he wrapped me in a bear hug just like always. Maybe things will be okay. Maybe this isn't the end, but just the beginning.

Wow I know this part was Super short but I really want to get something out. Also, there will be a lot about her dealing with finding out that she was pregnant so I didn't want to jam it all in at once. Well, thank you for reading and I really do appreciate the support.