t h r e e

I sat in the ticket booth, wearing a bright orange polo shirt with the water park logo on the side of the shirt, tucked into a pair of blue Jean mom shorts. My hair is up in a bun. Monroe sat in the seat next to me wearing a bright orange t-shirt tied in a knot on her back, showing off her stomach, and a pair of dark washed ripped denim shorts and Air Force 1s. Her hair is in a tight low bun with her blue sunglasses covering her eyes as she texted under the counter.

I've been here for a while and it seems like the later it gets the more kids from school come. Most Don't recognize me but almost all recognize Monroe.

The  sun is down now and it seems like the water park is pretty packed with teenagers and young adults. Families come more so during the day than the night.

Monroe let out a long sigh as she tossed her phone on the counter. She stood up and looked out the window searching for any customers. She sighed again and bent over leaning ages in the counter with her cheek leaning shading her fist.

"Sooooo..... you wanna play a game?" She asked looking over at me out the corner of her eyes. I shrugged, "Sure." I said as I pulled the wooden stool nearby to me and sat down.

She smiled and sat down in her stool looking at me. "You know how to play the alphabet game?"

"No, what is it?" I asked.

"Well you basically just tell a story but go along through the alphabet. So I could say 'Aliyah how could you do this to me?' See how it started with A, and then you would say something like 'because I don't want to be friends anymore.' See, it started with a B. You get it?"

I nodded, "Mhm, I wanna start though." She rolled her eyes and sighed. "Fine, go." She said waving her hand at me.

"Are you going to the movies later on?" I started.

"Benson and I are going at 10." She responded.

"Can I come?"

"Don't care." She said with a small shrug.

"Even if I bring My dog?" I said randomly.

An amused smile crossed her lips. "Fine, doesn't bother me."

"Great, he'll be there."

"How are you getting there?"

"In a car"

She waved her hand and said. "Just ride with me."

"Kind offer but no."

She rolled her eyes, "Look, it would be easier if we rode together."

"May I ask why you are so eager to have me in your car?"

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Now, Maliyah,  what are you implying?"

"Oh nothing." I said through a sigh as I looked away.

"Please tell me, I'm curious now."

"Quit Badgering me." I told her.

She snorted. "Really, badgering?" She said as she rolled her eyes.