Part 21

A day after the Roka passes in a jiffy. Dresses and all were arranged. Manik and Nandini were supposed to go for ring selection today. Nandini was all ready. Since the day they announced, Nandini was a bit off. Manik though did not meet her since but whenever they called ,Nandini did  not answer or if she did ,she immediately cut it saying she was busy.

Nandini was on the dining table with Abhimanyu when Manik came. He met everyone and they both left for a while.

Nandini sat on the passenger seat while Manik was driving. Absolute silence for a while when Manik coughed to gain her attention obviously.

He was coughing continuously when Nandini turned to him.

Nandini: Pani? 

Manik: Na na, I am fine.

Nandini: Kuch kehna hain? 

Manik looked at her: Hmm but tumhe kehna hain, what's bothering you Nandini?

Nandini: What's bothering me? I am fine.

Manik: Nandini Please try again. You ain't good in lying atleast to me.

Nandini: Manik

Manik: Truth

And Nandini turned towards the window.

Manik stopped the car in an islolated area. And took nandini's hands in his.

Manik: You know u can tell me.

Nandini: Manik when we announced, various articles came up. You know I don't get affected but ek article pe attention chali gayi na main kya kartii

Manik chuckled: Kuch nahi karo just tell me what was in that.

Nandini: An interview oof yours 4 mahine pehle ka where u said u are not ready for marriage that soon. So,  I was confused if you are sure about us. I was just giving u space.

Manik diverting his eyes outside: SPACE SPACE, u were giving me space

and his eyes on Nandinii again: NANDINI I don't want space, Nahi chahiye I just want you, Just us.

And Nandini was taken aback by the seriousness his eyes held. They were looking in each other's eyes. It was enough of Nandini, she threw himself in his arms . Manik held her through her waist protectively and kissed on her forehead.

Nandini: I am sorry, why did u say that but?

Manik: 4  mahine pehle did not meet u na, my badluck

And they chuckled.

Manik: I love you

Nandini: I love you more.

Manik: NO I love you more.

Nandini:  Whatever..chale?

Manik: Hmm hmmm

And they drove away to Renaissance diamonds.

They reached the showroom. Manik knew  the owner personally and so they were given privacy. A private room to select the rings which had only a couple more who were selecting some jewellery too. Manik and Nandini walked in together hand in hand. The other couple the Mrs. Verma looked at them and smiled. They knew them . Well, the world knows Malhotras and Murthys so.

Vermas were not that famous, they were friends with the owner and so in that section.

Manik went and met the owner.

Owner: Congratulations Manik, Ms.Murthy

Nandini smiled: Thankyou

They settled down . The staff started showing them some rings but well our lovey-doveys did not seem to like any. 

Manik: We would like something simple yet attractive, these rings are too delicate, we can't wear them daily.

Nandini: Yeah exactly, we need a ring which can be on our fingers constantly.

Manik agreed.

Manager: Then considering that, Ma'am and Sir we have a single pair of rings, not one more cause its one in the whole world. Its the best u guys can have. Here is it.

And as soon as that caught the attention of Manik, Nandini

Nandini: I love these. Manik done

Manik: Ok done then.(side hugging her)

The staff as well as Mrs. Verma smiled looking at them.

Manik: Pack these rings for us please and payments on me.

Nandini: Why on earth will that happen?

Manik:What?

Nandini: U ain't paying solely for it. You pay for mine, I will pay for urs. PLEASE

Manik smiled: Ok fine.

They were about to leave the area when Mr. and Mrs. Verma approached.

Mrs. Verma : You guys are so sweet together. Myself Mrs. Verma, Verma industries.

Nandini: Hello , Thankyou.

Mrs. Verma : We would love to work with Murthys and Malhotras some day.

Nandini was answering and talking to her while Manik was paying less attention. He was not a man who mingles easily with strangers.

Mr. Verma : Mr. Malhotra ours is a small business but we would really like to corporate with u guys someday.

Manik maintaining a straight face: If it is meant to , it will surely happen Mr. Verma, Nandini let's leave . 

Manik passed his hand to Nandini.

Nandini taking his hands: Yeah, nice meeting u guys.

Mrs. Verma hugged her which was took Nandini a bit off but she let it go. To hug her back, she tried taking her hands off Manik but his grip was tight. They left then.

Mrs. Verma: Such a sweet couple. 

Mr. Verma: Don't expect us to be same. I just want our mission to be fulfilled.

Mrs Verma nodded. They both left then too.

As soon as Manan were out , media was all over.

Nandini was tired and so was Manik but they posed for the paps and went later. On the way bach home, Manik was disturbed.

Nandini put her hands on his which were on the brakes.

Nandini: Aapko kya hua ?

Manik: Umm Kuch nahi bas Nandini don't talk to strangers much na. Its not safe. We dont even know those Saxena, Sorry Vermas.   I ain't getting good vibes from them.

Nandini knew the matter now.

Nandini: Manik she was so warm, main ignore kaise karti. Its ok.

Manik: No but its not safe. I don't know, promise me u will be careful?

Nandini: Manik calm down.

Manik: PROMISE ME nandini.

Nandini sighed. 

Nandini: I promise I will be careful hmm? Ab calm down. Be happy .

Manik nodded. Nandini leaned on his shoulders while he was already driving.

Nandini: I love you.

Manik pecked her forehead still focusing on the road.

They reached shortly and everyone liked the rings. UNIQUE.

Malhotras left for their mansion. 

Manik and Nandini talked over phone.

Everything was going good. Aliya was fine till now too. She was happy for Manik as a friend. A bit difficult for her to adapt to all this but she was trying.