PROLOGUE

"HEILYN, it's time for you to settle down with someone"

I glanced at my mom where I was sitting on my Channel Tufted sofa, mid shift to keep from indenting the material, as I'd trained myself to do. At the side of it stood my mother, who was giving me such a deep disapproving look that I almost, almost made a move to sit up properly. Her expression was the definition of disappointment. Slim nose upturned, dark red lips twitching. I already knew where this conversation was heading and I let my cheek fall onto the cool leather with a sigh.

"Again?" I said.

"You're 27 already, Heilyn," she said crossing her arms to her chest, the many bracelets lined with diamonds on her arms jingling as she moved. Her chestnut brown hair was tied in a tight bun on the top of her head, giving her an all-around stern aura.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "I'm still 27. And I don't want to get married yet."

"Your Dad and I married when we were 26" she said matter-of-factly. "It's time for you to stop dating any man in club and making our family look bad—"

"I don't make our family look bad—"

"—And It's time for you to start your own family so we can give a head start to the next successor of our business." She pressed on.

Ipushed myself into sitting position, making sure to smooth out my waistcoat,lest I gave her something else to complain about. "so, you expect na makikipagmeet ako kung kanino today and fall inlove with them, get married, and havechildren? Hindi madali 'yang gusto mo mom. Well, maybe it does nowadays withall the dating apps going around, but I'm not like that."

"Maraming akong ka-business partner na may anak na lalaki na interasado sayo, why don't you try to date them? For sure makakahanap ka ng magugustuhan mo sa kanila." She said while smiling at me.

"It's a big NO mom! That's not gonna happen, I can't. And I don't want to. I'm happy being single mom please." I said while shook my head in disapproval.

"Ok, I'll give you 3 month's if hindi ka parin nakakahanap ng mapapangasawa mo ako na ang hahanap para sayo. It's a deal honey, wala ka ng magagawa kapag ako na ang kumilos.Period" she said then leaving me hanging dahil sa sinabi nya.

I held my hair in frustration in what she said. Ngayon kaylangan ko pang maghanap ng mag papanggap na mapapangasawa ko kuno para hindi na kung sino yung ipapakilala ni mom sakin. Aaarrrrggghhhh!!! Kaylangan kong makahanap ng matino at may pinag aralan kung sakali mang may itanong sila sa kanya ay kayang-kaya nyang sagutin. Pero san naman kaya ako makakahanp non?!