chapter 16

I was in a deep slumber when I felt arms snake around my waist then kiss my nape. "Love wake up. You have school today." I turn around and snuggle my face to her neck.

"5 more minutes baby." I mumbled under my breath and I heard a heartfelt giggle from her. "No matter how much I want us to stay like this throughout the day, we can't. You don't want to be late for school."

I grumpily wake myself up. I lift myself and clear my vision. "I already prepare the breakfast. Take a bath then let's eat afterwards." She said then started to walk out from my room.

"Where's my morning kiss?" I yelled before she completely leave my room. She runs towards me then gave me a peck on my lips. "Good morning my Chu."

"Good morning too my Chaeng." She then left so I went to the bathroom. I'm smiling the whole time, I just can't believe that this is all happening.

After what happened between us, after a lot of misunderstandings and secrets, we still choose to be with each other.

Flashback

I didn't waste any time. I bid my farewell to Mrs. Park and went to Chaeyoung. I drove faster even though, I know she won't go anywhere.

I arrived at the familiar neighborhood. The neighborhood where everything started. I walked towards the place that I tried very hard to forget.

I found myself standing beneath the tree house that we made. I took a deep breath before I climbed up the tree house.

Although Auntie told me that she's here, I'm still surprised to see her. I'm facing her back as she roamed around her eyes.

"Why you keep secret from me?" I stated that made her turn around and face me. She looks very surprised seeing my presence in this place. Our place.

"Jisoo." She whispered under her breath.

"Why did you do it? Why you didn't tell me?" There's a hint of disappointment and pain in my voice. I can see that she's on verge of crying but I tried to not make a move and let her talk.

"I don't want you to feel burden of me so I hide it from you. I know you, you'll probably make decision that will ruined yourself just to support me."

"What kind of reason was that?! All those years I hated you! I hated you from leaving me and breaking up with me! I blamed you for all the messed that I've been through! I blamed you for all of my misery. But now that I know what you've been through, now that I know you had leukemia, I don't know anymore. All I know is I'm a jerk not knowing you're sick and I didn't do anything to support you. For Pete sake I'm your girlfriend but I had no idea what you're going through." I put all my emotions on to those words that I spit.

My knees feels wobbly so I bent down on my knees as I cried. She catch me before I fall to support me.

"I'm sorry. Only if I know, I will never hate you. I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry Chaeng." I'm sobbing so hard right now and I don't care if I look like a mess in front of her.

"It's okay Chu. It's not your fault. I'm the one at fault here because I didn't tell you. I'm scared back then. I thought my decision won't hurt you but I made a mistake." She's crying also but managed to spoke those words properly.

She engulfed me on a tight hug so I rested my head on her arms as we shared a painful yet yearning cry.

"Let me make it up to you Chu. I promise I won't keep a secret from you. Just let me back to you cause my love for you still the same. After all these years, I still feel everything when you're near. I love you more than before."