Chapter 1

Ever wish you could go back in time and change things? That's exactly what Lydia Cartier was wishing she could do right now. She sat on the floor of what used to be her room with her head in her hands. She knew it was only a matter of time before she had to leave, she just couldn't believe she had let things go so far. If she knew eleven months ago what she knew now she would have never fallen in love with that boy.

11 months ago
Lydia awoke to the sun shining brightly down her face. It was her first day of senior year. She had been thinking about this year since freshman orientation four years ago. She was ready for her last football game, her last homecoming, and her last prom. It was a year full of last and she was ready.
It doesn't take long for her to get dressed in the morning. She had already straightened her hair the night before because she knew she wouldn't wake up early enough to do it. Her school uniform was simple ; a marron spirit shirt with khaki pants. It wasn't glamorous but she couldn't complain, she'd take pants over a skirt anyday.
Seeing that it was 6:30 she ran down stairs to make her breakfast. She put strawberry yogurt into a bowl and added granola. Lydia had never felt like she was a good cook so anything that was quick to make with little instructions was good in her book. After making breakfast she sat down to eat. Picking up her phone she scrolled through instagram for a while. A picture of her from the previous weekend popped up. In the picture she was wearing a white crop top with black leather pants. She wondered how many people could tell she was drunk in that picture. It wasn't like her to get waisted but it was the last high school summer break she would ever have so she figured why not.
Shutting off her phone she grabbed her keys and backpack and headed to her car. She drove a simple gray car , sure she could have asked for a jeep or a range rover but she felt like her first really nice car was something she should buy for herself, not get handed to her. Her parents had money but it was something she never really liked to talk about. She went to one of the best private schools in the state, she swore if it wasn't for the opportunities it provided she would be in public school.
Once she got to school she turned off her car and began walking in. Her school wasn't anything too out of the ordinary. There were kids making out in the back seat of their cars, the usual first day girl drama, and the clueless freshman walking around campus. As much as she appreciated what her high school years had taught her , she was so glad to be leaving in a few months. She was the youngest in her class, only 17 years old. She will turn 18 on August 3rd.
She looked around campus and took a deep breath. "This is it" she thought, every moment from here will be a last. It wasn't hard for her to find her friends. They had been sitting in the same seats since their first day of school here four years ago. It was a small picnic table that sat under the big oak tree. From a distance she observed her friends. It saddened her to know that some of them she wouldn't be friends with after they graduated.
The most mature girl of the group sat front and center, Madison Hawthorn. She has a whopping 4.0 gpa and has been class president since freshman year. She was 5'8 and had hair down to the end of her back. If it wasn't for her boyfriend of 2 years all the guys would want her. To her left was 5'1 Hannah Montgomry, She had beautiful blonde hair and gave every male surfer a run for his money. She was definitely the player of the group. To Hannahs left was Nova-Leigh Adams. Lydia and Nova did not get along very well. A lot of people thought it was because Nova slept with her twin brother, Dylan, but it wasn't. Lydia didn't like how entitled Nova was, simple as that. All the way on the very end of the right side of the bench was Payton Williams, Lydia's best friend. Lydia and Payton have known each other their whole life. Payton was 5'6 with ashy blonde hair. The two had never really fought and have practically lived together every summer. The only spot left at the bench was Lydia's , a space on the right between Madison and Payton.
Falling into her usual routine Lydia walked over to the girls, she said her hellos and sat down. It wasn't hard being a part of this friend group. After being a group for almost four years everyone was aware of the boundaries they had and they all knew the roles that played in each other's lives. The girls loved the sense of familiarity they get from being around each other.
Looking across the campus Lydia noticed a younger boy sitting alone. He wasn't rushing around looking for his class like all the other freshmen so that told Lydia that he must be a sophomore. Looking closer at him she wasn't sure how she had never seen him before. He was definitely tall, and was more on the lean side. It was hard to get a good look at his face from a distance but she could see that his hair was a bit grown and styled down the middle. He wasn't very pale but he wasn't very tan either.
"Lyd.
Lydia.
LYDIA!!! " Blinking very fast, Lydia's attention turned back to the group. "Yes?" She said out of confusion.
Madison rolled her eyes before saying "Nova was just telling us about this back to school party Tyler was throwing, we were wondering if you were down to come with us."
" Uh yea I'll go, I just don't want to get ditched like last years party"
" You didn't get ditched Lydia, you ran from us everytime we tried to bring you home!" Payton reminded her.
The bell rang and the girls got up, they had gotten their class schedules a few days before school started so they knew their classes already. Parting ways they all said there goodbyes. Lydia looked around one last time before entering the building. She took a deep breath and told herself to enjoy it.
It was her last first day after all.

A/N: Its been a long time since I've written anything on here so I don't really expect anyone to read this. But if you come across this story and get this far feel free so leave positive tips on how I can better my writing
Much love! -lydia