Chapter 10 - Confrontation

≻⋆============== ⋆✩⋆ ==============⋆≺

11:46 pm Kalos Central Time, Vaniville Town

It was nearly midnight in the humble Kalosian town of Vaniville Town. The Kricketune could be heard making some noise, while Hoothoot and Noctowl were perched in nearby trees around the neighborhood. A certain honey-blonde teenage girl was still awake as she was gazing at the bright stars up in the night sky. There was a cool breeze that felt good to her. However, her mind was occupied by thoughts that bothered her for the rest of the day.

"What even happened today?" Serena questioned herself in her mind. She recalled everything that occurred recently. From Tierno's sudden disappearance, Calem's sexual assault attempt, Ash murdering Calem, her and Ash finally becoming a couple, and then now these violent thoughts that have infiltrated her brain. It was honestly scaring her.

Serena turned her head around and saw Shauna and Bonnie sleeping peacefully on her bed. Her eyes narrowed as she particularly stared at the sleeping brunette teenage girl that was sleeping beside Bonnie.

"Did Shauna develop a crush on Ash or was I just imagining it...?" Serena wondered mentally. For some strange reason, she felt some urge to get Shauna out of her life for good. It was honestly frightening her that she was thinking this way.

 She began to develop insecure thoughts and felt she was becoming possessive of Ash. Sure, she had always felt these thoughts, especially when Miette would still be around to bother and tease her. But why is she suddenly feeling threatened by the presence of Shauna? She and Ash are finally in a relationship that she had hoped for since her crush on him when they were younger.

"Maybe I'm just imagining it..." Serena put into consideration before letting out a harsh sigh. After a few more moments of looking at her two sleeping friends, she looked down on the carpet floor. Ash wasn't sleeping in her room tonight since the guest room didn't have Tierno and Calem sleeping in there anymore.

"I wish Ash was still sleeping in this room... so I can feel safe..." Serena thought to herself. Ever since Calem attempted to rape her this morning, she was trying to stick closer to Ash for the rest of the day. She then shook off her thoughts as she gazed up at the stars one more time, before getting into an air mattress her mother put out for her. 

The honey-blonde girl slowly placed her fingers on top of her lips and brushed them slightly. She had the desire to feel his luscious, warm perfect-shaped lips once again. Unfortunately for them, they couldn't display any public displays of affection with their friends around. Especially not when they haven't revealed that they became a couple yet.

"I love you, Ashy..." Serena quietly whispered before slowly shutting her eyes.

Little did Serena know, in the guest room across the hall, a certain raven-haired teenager wasn't actually asleep, but was having similar thoughts in his mind. He was actually very ecstatic about what happened recently and couldn't sleep due to all the thoughts in his mind.

"Yes!!! I can't believe I got rid of Tierno and Calem so easily! Now Serena is officially mine and we are in a real relationship..." Ash thought joyfully. He felt giddy as if he was a child who had just received their first Christmas present. However, a scowl soon formed on his face, replacing the excited expression.

Even though he was finally in a relationship with the person who he considers the love of his life, the one girl that seemed to have stolen his heart, there was still one big problem. His traveling companions. There was no doubt in Ash's mind that Clemont and Bonnie will attempt to ruin things like they always had done, even though he knew it was unintentional.