This is Halloween

The next morning Marley woke up to Max standing over her in his ghost face costume. "Jesus Max! What the hell!? Get out of here!" she yelled at him. He stood there, still as a statue, until she grabbed her old teddy bear off her bed and threw it at him. It bonked him on the head, and he ran out the door giggling while yelling to their mom "Marley hit me!!"

"Marley! Do not hit your brother!" she heard her mom yell up to her.

"ugh" Marley groaned as she got out of bed and made her way downstairs.

"I did not hit my brother Mother! I hit an annoying kid in a ghost face costume that rudely woke me up by breathing over me!" she replied as she came into the kitchen.

"Well ok, then don't hit the annoying kid in the ghost face costume!" she said as she looked at her and smiled. "Do you want some ghost pancakes?" she said as she lifted one on the spatula, "Well, they're supposed to be ghost pancakes...they look more like the blob that ate everyone" her mom sighed.

"No, I'm good" she told her and grabbed an apple.

"So, what's the plans for the day?" her mom asked.

"Nothing really, now that I'm playing gate keeper this evening, I really have no plans." Marley said taking a bite out of her apple.

"You're not getting together with any friends to do any last-minute Halloween plans? You know you don't have to be here to baby sit until like 6:30." she told her.

"Nope, I'm probably just going to watch the Halloween marathon on T.V. and veg out for a while until Jake gets here." she replied.

"Yeah, until Jakey gets here and then she's going to be kissing with tongue all night!" annoying ghost face yelled, running through the kitchen making kissing noises.

"Oh my God Mom, can we please fill him in now about how he is really adopted, I think he's old enough?" she asked rolling her eyes.

"Nah, let's save that for another night, right now let's finish breakfast and get our day going!" her mom said laughing.

"We wouldn't want to keep your smooch fest waiting too long!" Max called.

"What's a smooch fest?" Poppy asked, rubbing her eyes as she came into the kitchen.

"What's a smooch fest!? What's a smooch fest!? This is a smooch fest!" Their mom said in a silly voice as she scooped her up covering her face in pecks.

Poppy was giggling hysterically yelling "Mommy! No!" as their mom tickled her.

Marley went into the living room and got comfy on the couch. It's her tradition to watch the Halloween marathon every year, so she flipped to the channel, and it was already in the middle of Halloween 3: Season of the Witch. Not her most favorite but she does love them all. She had made it to Halloween Resurrection when she must have fallen asleep because when she opened her eyes the T.V. was playing Halloween 2 and it was almost 6:30 in the evening.

"Hurry up everyone the witching hour is about to begin!" called her mom. She was dressed as a black cat with major fake lashes and a long tail that must have had a wire in it because it curved upward.

"Wow...Mom! Looking good! You still got it huh?" Marley said to her.

"Are you being a smart ass, or do you really think so? I had such a hard time working myself up to wear this tonight and if I look like I'm trying too hard then be honest with me! I really like John and I don't want to seem too eager, ya know?" she replied.

"No Mom you look cute actually, and there's nothing wrong with trying some!" she told her.

"Thanks Mar" she replied rubbing her hand on Marley's cheek as the doorbell rang.