~1

First Person POV:

"will you be there for me... no matter what?"

I let out with a sigh as we stare into the bright, blue sky. Laying on the green meadow as we hold each other hand in hand.

He sits up looking down at me as my gaze moves towards his presence. "Of course, why would you ask such a thing?"

The sun gleams down against our skin and the breeze softly brushing past our skin simultaneously. The setting in such a serene atmosphere, starting to feel sleepy and in a daze. He squeezes my hand and smiles so bright that my eyes water from the gleam off his teeth.

"I'll never leave you... ever." he says making me smile, sitting up in joy. "It's you and me against the world, always."

Author's POV:

The two children jump and dance around in glee as the trees dance along with them. Their greatest comfort was always each other and their presence.

It really was just them two against the world. Children are children, minds totally different from older perspectives. They roam freely in a mentality that encourages them to keep going ,

to never give up,

to keep hoping,

to do what's good,

and what makes them happy.

Do they realize this will gradually tear them apart... Will they ever realize?

time skip 9 years; First Person POV

The surrounding has changed over the years but I still have the mentality of when I was 11, my hopes and dreams is all I look forward to.

What will my future be like? Will I get all that I've wanted? Will I be successful? Will I make my parents proud enough that ill be able to support them? My hopes but yet, I feel like they're more of me worrying than hoping.

I look up at the night sky as rain begins to pour all over the streets. The buildings shine with radiant lights making the night time stand out ever so beautifully. The sound of busy traffic and the whiff of cigarettes engulf me as I wait for the green light for me to walk, I look around and admire the people conversing with one another.
The alive feeling of being in this big, busy, place I call my home, Seoul.
I run across the street, cautious not to slip but quickly seeking shelter from the rain. Last thing I want is for him to worry about me getting sick.

I wait under the shelter, spamming and calling him... no answer. I look around on my tippy toes, trying to find him through the crowd. I look back down on my phone again ringing him, when suddenly I feel a nostalgic embrace from behind. I turn to see the familiar face and pout in annoyance.
"Is your phone on silent? How many times have I told you to not put your phone on silent? I was worried and kept ringing you and texting you and-" I pause as I see his face sadden a bit.
"...don't do it again.." I say and smile at him. His face changes and becomes more relieved.
"Hurry let's go somewhere and eat I'm so cold..." I shiver and begin to walk but he stops me in my tracks.
"Come here," shook by his sudden actions he opens his jacket wide with his hands out, i stare at him confused.
"Why?-" I ask he suddenly cuts me off.
"Just come," he demands and pulls me towards him wrapping his jacket around me and him. We continue to walk I start to feel warmer but slightly uncomfortable by the awkward atmosphere.

"People are starting to recognize who you are, you can't just randomly do this and expect nothing to happen. If people see us like this they'll get the wrong idea!" I say as we walk past the street and shops. I try to free from his embrace but he just wouldn't let me.
"Let them. This isn't random, it's cold and I don't want you to get sick. You know I hate when you get sick, you're so complicated." He finally lets go of me.
"Ghee thanks," I say rolling my eyes as we walk towards a table and sit down. We place our order and sit there waiting for our meals.
"Your shout" I say poking my tongue, looking straight at him and him looking back at me in disbelief. "You picked the most expensive thing on the menu- I should've saw this coming," he says shaking his head and I chuckle at his comment.

"It's been like 2 months since I saw you, I actually really missed seeing your annoying ass everyday," he says and I scoff at him.
"Of course you missed me, I mean look at me" I say posing, doing the f boy face and he shakes his head regretting his words.

"How's your training going? Any news yet?!" I ask as he stares deeply, he turns serious.
"Well...." I sit there, tapping my foot anticipating for his answer.