If You're Ready

Subtitle: Don't Matter

"I'm thinking about leaving for Miami Friday night. You comin?" Kel stood in a campaign suit. Sunny laid on her bed, her eyes focused on the river outside.

"A little short notice don't ya think? I gotta find somewhere to put Shadow and finish my update..." she crosses her arms in distaste. "Maybe next week."

"Nah, you'll finish. And Shadow can come with us. Our break is coming to an end..."

"No, not if it's a turn around trip. If we were staying a while, then I would have no issues but you talking like it'll be a quick stay."

He doesn't say anything at first but remains quiet. "Fine, I'll pay for Shadow to be in a sanctuary for the weekend and then we can go from there."

"No need, she'll probably go with her siblings. The lady I bought her from has some leftover cats from the litter Shadow was born from. She'll love it." she makes her way to the door. "I love the flowers too. You think you know me, huh?" her smile is bright.

"Somethin like that." Mykel watches leave her bedroom with a small smile.

Later that night, Mykel laid on her side of her bed after more campaign speeches. Shadow had long left the couple to sleep in her own area. "Yeen done yet?"

"Sir. Do not rush creativity. This is what I do." She shushed him. "What we need to discuss is how nobody noticed where you disappear every day."

"None of them niggas bidness. I'ma Minnelli baby girl. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that."

"You think you doin some."

"I don't think. I know." A pillow came flying from Shadow's bed to his head. Splat!

Without thinking, Kel returns the favor. "Did you just throw a pillow at my head? Honestly, are you twenty or thirty-five? A bitch needs to know."

The laugh he released almost made her smile. "You started it." his eyes turned big like a guilty child. "Come to bed dude..." he whines.

"No, you just want some pussy. And I am not supplying pussy tonight, buddy."

"Mane, you got til Friday."

"Negative. I have to make reservations for Shadow, get her stuff cleaned. You don't get to tell me when to stop working. Since you wanna spring this trip on me today...everything has been switched around, Kel. I got one more slide to go then I can go to BED."

"Get dick!" he yelled over her.

Sunny facepalms herself. "Okay, if you can wait...ten more minutes then, you can eat it. Deal?"

"Not the same as gettin in them guts but I'll take it." he shrugs. Sunny sighs in relief and continues her work. An hour later, she submits the update, stretches and does her nighttime bathroom routine. Kel hears her try to be quiet in bed. Sunny tucks herself in her side and holds her pillow. "What about now?" he turns over, his green eyes flickering mischievously in the moonlight.

"I thought yo ass was asleep?"

"Not until you've fulfilled your promise, Sun-Nae." He flips her over and grabs the hem of her panties. He kisses her lips before pulling her panties down. "Ya need to relax..."

"Then don't make a deadline and the week everything is due, suggest a trip." She fusses.

"Mhm..." he mumbles in her neck, sucking on her favorite spots.

"Don't mhm me. You're not even listening." She whacks his hands off her breasts. "I'll have you know, I didn't leave my desk today after you left, sir."