Don't Leave

TW/CW; Talks about abandonment issues, then cookies. I also wrote this when I was sad, try not to judge me too harshly.
----
It was late at night, you were sure Sans was still sleeping, of course you couldn't sleep. You felt safe in his arms, but you feel as though it won't last forever and the thought terrifies you.

Through this hellhole of a world, Sans helped you and despite him wanting to kill you before, he ended up choosing you. You never want him to leave like everyone else had. Friends, family, past lover... You could never keep them and it frightened you to think that this will turn the same.

Why?

You never want to let go or get out of his arms. He's the only one you feel the safest around in this world. Rather than your past friends, Sans felt extremely different.

He didn't care if you were loud at times and sensitive..
He didn't care about how you looked...
He didn't care about your intelligence...

He LOVED you.

You started to cry and hold him tight, hoping that he wouldn't go...not that he would've while sleeping. Sans started to shift and groan, waking up. "sweetheart...? what's happening?"

You were instantly startled, you never meant to woke him up. That made you feel bad. "I-I uhm..." You found it difficult to speak, trying to find the right words to use.

Once Sans realized that you were crying, he sat straight up and started to rub his sockets before having his arm pulled away. You sobbed into his arm. You couldn't help yourself from just letting everything out.

"hey hey, sweetheart...-"

"Please don't go! I can't see you leave! Please... Never let go of me.. I never want to leave you... Please never leave me. I can't- I can't- You're the only one who cares for me! Please!"

"hey! y/n... stop talkin' like that okay? why would i ever wanna leave ya? yer my best friend and lover, ya got me out of alot dark times.. your my everything."

Sans wrapped his arms around you as you sobbed in his chest. He started to whisper things like  "it'll be okay" and "i'll never leave ya."  You slowly started to calm down listening to his voice. It may be a rough and scratchy, but it always had a thing for calming you and making you happy.

"Why..? Why do you think so much of me? Everyone else left me.."

"'cuz your amazing, sweetheart.. you've been with me through alot of things... and i love ya. i love hanging out with ya and i love being with ya."

You sniffed as you curl up into him. He kept whispering sweet nothings into your ear as you just listen to them. You just held him close while repeating "please don't leave me" and him repeating that he won't.

You felt yourself slowly starting to calm down due to the skeleton calming you down. You felt his arms around you and instantly felt comforted. You slowly, but surely calmed down thanks to Sans.

"I'm sorry.."

"eh...? for what sweetheart?"

"For waking you up... And yelling at you."

"ahh y/n, ya don't need to apologize. i'm always glad when i can make sure you're okay. don't worry, k?"

"Mhm.." You let out a hum as you nodded. You sniffed as you wiped your eyes and damp cheeks. You laid in his arms for a bit before speaking up. "So... You won't leave me?"

"of course not, sweetheart. ive been telling ya, only dumbasses would leave a great person like you."

You snorted and managed to get out a laugh.

Maybe, just maybe.. He wouldn't leave and he'll stay with you for here on out. You just had to make sure. "Promise?"

"shit sweetheart... y'know how i hate making promises, but this seems like a promise i  can keep." Sans smiled reassuringly at you. "now c'mon sweetheart.. boss is probably already up and on patrol.. we got the whooole house to ourselves. lets go have fun."

You smiled widely and nodded. You were very excited to hang with your boyfriend and have fun. You got up and looked at Sans with those puppy dog eyes. Sans laughed.

"you got somethin' in mind sweetheart?" Sans replied to your adorable puppy dog eyes you usually do when you want to do anything.

You, of course, nodded and finally said. "I.. I wanna bake.. If that's okay. Since, yknow... Someone ate all my cookies." Your totally not suspecting eyes glanced over at Sans and let out a huff.

Sans let out a laugh and wrapped an arm around your shoulders. "aw, cmon babyy.. yer cookies are the best. they aren't as sweet as you" He finished with a wink.

You giggled and rolled your eyes. "Flattery will not atone for your crimes!" You said as if your problems just went away just by having fun with your dork of a boyfriend. You waved his arm off and started to make your way out of the bed.

"cmon, you can't blame little old me. maybe you're the cookie criminal." Sans accused you jokingly, pointing a finger at you.

"Moi?! I can't believe this! How dare??" You played along, laughing a little bit.

"oh i dare. i think the culprit would be who you least expect. i bet its no other then the baker themselves."

"Or the villain could be obvious!" You accused him instead!

"no no, i could neverrr do such a thingg."

"That's a likely story, Sansy. A very veeeryy likely story. You have a trackrecord of eating all the sweets I make before, what makes this different, hmmm?" You inspected, circling around the skeleton.

"well, its better than eating the cookie dough... which you never let me." He faked a little pout.

"What do you mean??? Its probably bad for you, come on..." You rolled your eyes and grinned.

" then why do they make cookie dough ice cream? think about that."

"Asking the real questions are we now?" You asked him jokingly.

"i only ask the important things." Sans grinned.

"Keep on being you, love. Now come on then. Lets go bake, Skeleboy."

"aight, human.. person..?" Sans tried to make a nickname based off of yours for him, but it ultimately failed and sounded off. He blushed as he got up..

You laughed. "Ah yes, I am Human-Person!"

Sans laughed along side of you and hugged you tight. "love ya sweetheart. hope ya know that."

"I love you too, sugar. Of course I know that, I know all."