Chapter eight

Outside in the open garden lay Sara and Charli. The sun was bright. The birds were singing. The clouds were gone. It was a perfect day. Charli and Sara were talking about the plans for the rest of the summer even though it was coming to a close to much of their dismay. The girls were laughing when Charli heard the door that led out to the back garden open. There was a outline of a person standing there but was unidentifiable. The figure moved closer towards them and Charli places her hand on her forehead to shade her eyes from the sun and saw Chris strolling towards them.

"Don't faint. I'll have to slap you." Charli said to Sara as she looked over at her with her mouth open like a goldfish.

"Shut up and enjoy the view." Sara smirked as she rose her upper body up on her elbows.

Charli response was just a simple eye roll and sigh in disappointment.

"Hey lady's." Chris called out to the pair.

"Hey what's up?" Charli greeted.

"Well I was wondering what are you doing tonight because we're having a movie night and my mom would like to meet you. If that's okay with you?" Chris pondered as he placed himself in front of Charli.

"No I don't have anything on tonight. I would love to meet the rest of your family. It sounds wonderful." Charli stated cheerfully.

"Great what time suits you best?" Chris inquired.

"Any times good for me."

"Okay so how does 8 o'clock sound?"

"Fantastic." Charli said with happy smile a on her face.

"Great I'll see you then. Have a great day. Bye Charli. Bye Sara." Chris stood up and strolled out of the garden.

Sara let out a breath she didn't know she was withholding. "So your going to meet his mum and she suggested to meet you. That means he's been talking about you." Sara said mockingly. She wasn't wrong Chris shares everything with his mum so he told her all about Charli and how he felt for her.

"And? I talk to aunt phoebe about him." Charli replied confused.

"But does she want to meet him?" Sara asked with a raised eyebrow.

"She's already met him multiple times before. He's friends with Joey." Charli remarked.

"Okay if you say so but I think someone has feelings for you." Sara pointed out. Once again she wasn't far off. He didn't know what he felt for Charli but he knew these feelings were not something you would feel for a friend.

Eight o'clock rolled around and Charli made her way to Chris' house with some flowers for his mum. She was wearing black high waisted distressed mom jeans with the cuffs rolled up, a tope long sleeve turtle neck tucked into her jeans, a black leather belt and black and white vans.

Charli knocked on the door twice and stood in place awkwardly. The door handle turned and there stood a short woman with a large smile.

"You must be Charli. I'm Lisa. It's so nice to finally meet you. Chris can't stop talking about you." Lisa greeted with a warm hug.

"Well it's so nice to meet you too. I brought you these I hope you like them." Charli handed over the flowers to see Lisa's smile grow larger. "And I hope it's all good things he's been saying."

"Oh thank you. Of course it's all good." Lisa insured. "Come in. Come in. Robert we have a guest." She called out. 

An older gentleman walked into Charli's view she guessed this was Robert : Chris' dad.