Prolouge

You were laying down in bed, soft sobs leaving your mouth involuntarily, listening to one of your favorite breakup songs, when you hear a soft knock at your door.

You didn't feel like responding, you slightly hear the door creak open over the music. "Sweetheart? I brought you some water and painkillers, just in case you grow a headache." The woman responded softly sitting by you, caressing your hair.

Your mom had just got in a huge accident a few days ago and didn't make it through. The woman by you was your past mother's best friend, she was like a second mother to you, you were grateful she gladly took you under her wing as if you were a child of her own.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, offering you a soft smile with glossy eye. You squeeze your eyes shut, warm tears running down your face as she lightly placed her hand on your cheek.

"Please drink some water." She said, slowly standing from her spot. She must be hurting as much as you were, your mother was her best friend after all. You steadily sit up and grab the glass of water chugging the pills in the process. "Thank you." you say in a hoarse voice.

"Of course sweetheart. I have to go runs some errands, will you be okay alone?" You nod.

"Perfect, I'll be home before you know it." She responded, kissing your forehead. After she left the house, you stayed a while in bed, just looking out the window. You decided it's better if you took a shower since you've been in bed all day.

_

You heard the front door open, signaling Chae-Won, your past mother's best friend, had returned. "Y/N? Sweetheart, I brought food!" Chae-Won called. You walk down the hall towards the kitchen, quietly sitting at the bar. "You showered, good." She said smiling softly. "You were starting to stink." She joked, making you chuckle, slightly pushing her arm. "I didn't stink." You spoke lowly, rolling your eyes. It was nice, the atmosphere felt less heavy, it had been a few days since you actually spoke, let alone joke around. Neither of you to be honest.

You were both eating in silence, you heard Chae-won clear her throat. "I wanted to talk to you, I thought this would be a good time since the mood is lighter," she said, wiping her mouth and sipping water afterward. You nod, signaling her to continue. "Well," she started, facing you. "I know you don't have any family members to stay with... I was thinking, I'd be more than happy adopting you, but only if you feel comfortable." She spoke, fidgeting with her fingers. "I was planning to move back to Korea... get a job." she finished, sighing. "I would love to take you with me, but again that's your choice." She added. You were quiet the whole time, which made her worry, she really wanted you to say yes. You turned completely towards her and hugged her, "Why would I refuse an offer as good as that, Chae? I would love it living with you better than an orphanage." You respond, pulling back and smiling at her through glossy eyes. She beamed, hugging you again. "Awesome, we'll head over to the adopting center tomorrow. Let's head to your house to search for your documents, then we'll plan things out when that's set. How those that sound?"

"Good..."

"Perfect."

_

I couldn't really hold myself from posting this book. I've had the idea for the longest time... Here's a start, tell me what you think? I'll try and update 'Mr.Min' as soon as possible, I just was excited to start this book.

Feel free to give me your opinions about this down in the comments.

Take care.

-SSC