Part 22

The Engagement Day.

It was a private ceremony and no media was allowed. Everyone was too busy whereas Nandini was enjoying her Spa with Navya. Manik was in his room working on some presentation.

Manik had some emergency work in Vegas and so he  had to leave urgently after the engagement and the irony was Nandini had no clue of this. Why? Cause Manik had forbidden everyone to tell her, he knew she will definitely be gloomy and then won't enjoy the engagement.

Nandini and Navya finished off with their spa session and proceeded to return when Manik called Nandini.

Manik: Done with your refreshing spa?

Nandini chuckled: Yup, way back home. 

Manik: I am going to get ready then. Bye, I love you.

Nandini: I love u too.

And they hung up. Cabir accompanied Manik to help him.

Navya and Nandini went to get ready too. Nandini decided to go with a Red velvet saree for engagement as it was a private affair and not too many guests are invited. Foremost, Manik asked her to be comfortable and not wear something too heavy to carry.

Murthys and Malhotras got ready and left for U Tropicana Beach Resort where engagement was to happen.  Both the families wanted privacy and so they decided not to have any functions at home. Not even the wedding,  It was yet to be decided if the wedding will be destination or traditional.

Nandini was a bit off cause Naira and Kartik could not make it. Their flights got delayed. She was better only when Naira assured her to be there by the next flight possible.

Both the families reached the resort together. Guests were yet to arrive.

Manik and Nandini passes a smile to each other. Both of them were looking heavenly as a couple.

They all went in. The elders started looking after all other arrangements. Youngsters were sitting and gossiping, discussing about performances when Manik signaled Nandini to follow her towards the lawn.

Nandini was a bit hesitant , all others might feel bad and Manik as if understanding her situation.

Manik: Nandini need to discuss something regarding the interiors...come please.

Cabir coughed: Aap dono bina bahane ke bhi ja sakte hain time spend karna hain to, Fiancees officially afterall.

Manik: Shut Up

and he followed Nandini in the garden.

As soon as they were out of sight, Manik held Nandini's wrist and pinned her to himself. Manik was resting his back on the wall while Nandini was pinned to him with her hands on his chest and his hands on her waist.

Manik: U look beautiful in sarees u know?

Nandini: Thankyouuuu

Manik smiled , she said it so cutelyyy.

Manik: Don't u think, u should praise me?

Nandini looked up on this with raised eyebrows: I guess u know already u look nice?

Manik chuckled: I do know ofcourse

Both chuckled on this.

Nyonnika: Guys if done, come sit guests have started coming.

Nandini: Coming Mom, chale?

Manik: Um hmmm

And Nandini started leaving when Manik held her wrist again. Nandini turned to face him,