Jin Itadori

The world is so big, yet it feels so tiny.

Everywhere I look,

Everywhere I go,

It's always you; I've always remembered, I've always seen.

The shadows of the past loomed inside my heart in a beautiful facade that covered my aching love.

I played the recorded memories as our careless laughs ran through my mind, harmonizing nature's gentle song.

Oh, how beautiful and sweet our past has been.

I must have been delusional to see your pained expression in every glass of these erected buildings my car ran past.

Passing through thousands of traffic lights and signs, through the twist and turns in this long street of Japan.

I remember the first kiss we shared on this rainy night; hands intertwined as your lips snaked around my body. I gave you my all, and you gave me your all.

But when did everything go wrong?

I loved you as much as you loved me, so why did we break apart?

I've always trusted you; You've always trusted me. I never lied to you; You never lied to me.

Why did it all go wrong?

I repeatedly asked these questions, repeating and repeating them as it became my past time. But, deep down in my black heart, I know that neither of us could answer.

Stepping on the break as if time slowed and stopped, I step out of a futuristic vehicle as I enter a children's paradise.

Children's heartfelt laughs echoed these cramped pastel rooms, veiled from the impurities of this world. They prosper the children's innocence.

But my attention trained on my overly energetic salmon-haired child holding the hand of the monotonous raven-haired kid.

"Papa!" The angelic voice pierced my aching heart, pride, and joy.

"How are you, Yuuji?" Ruffling his soft unruly hair as he nuzzled in my touch, such innocence.